“great time”
Review of Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets
Ranked #4 of 278 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Reviewed 7 April 2018

lovely food, quick and friendly service. Only downside was I couldn't get a beer with my lunch - really needed that after all my shopping!!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This Johnny Rockets is in the outlet mall within walking distance of the Embassy Hotel and Suites near Newark Airport. We had an early dinner there one evening and the food and service was excellent. The atmosphere is that of a 50's Diner and very family friendly.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Johnny Rockets is one of the smaller unknown fast-food chains. Great diner type food with great taste. 50ties decor. Worth a visit

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We went to the Mall for opening at 10.00. We assumed this restaurant would be open at 10 like most. Anyway when it wasn't open by 10.15 we saw a member of staff appear so we asked over the open glass partition what time they open. Her reply 'er, don't know'. I said, you work there and you don't know what time you open, her reply...'er yeh'
Should have gone elsewhere I know but instead we shopped a little and went back at 11.15. Now there were 8 staff on duty and not one of them in the slight bit interested in customers. All far too busy laughing, joking and eating. We ordered a hot dog and a chicken sandwich. Very mediocre and certainly not worth what the charge, drinks of tea and a coffee again were mediocre. The guy serving us was so disinterested it was laughable. Thank god a girl got involved and she was at least polite. How much paper does this place waste? Liners for food and also liners for tea and coffee and oh my god, a bowl given out with then a smiley face of ketchup put in it...disgustingly wasteful, I only assume the smiley face is an attempt to try and get you to miss the rubbish service and rubbish food. Never again, don't understand why it's even a chain.....!!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We heard so much about Johnny Rockets we couldn't wait to try it. They always have a line in front. I have to say the food is just ok. Not the best burger but not the worst. We didn't know that fries didn't come with burgers. The portions are small. The shake was ok. It's all just too average.