“Excellent food...fresh seafood”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I have never been to a restaurant before where you ordered your food and you cook it yourself on a hot stone that is brought to you at your place setting... This is absolutely the most incredible experience in dining... although I wish the waiter service would be a little bit better... I must say that overall the freshness of the food and the taste by far be anything else you can put your money on... My filet entree with shrimp dinner was only $26... For dessert I had the flan which is very light fluffy and tasty... And I forgot to mention that for appetizer at the oysters on the half shell... Absolutely Fresh!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Don't miss out on this gem! Service excellent and friendly. Huge portions, enough to share. The lamb on the stone was outstanding.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Who knew a restaurant like this could be nestled into Elizabeth, New Jersey? Evidently, a lot of people, because the place was very busy, with many happy diners, and now count me among them. There's a wide and varied menu, so it would take a few trips before any review of mine could do it justice, but we started with Calamari (which was great), continued onto Paella (which was awesome), and continued with two thick slabs of beef which we cooked on the hot stones (and its true--the secret is to use plenty of garlic butter). The serving size for the Paella was so large, that we ended up taking at least half of it home with us. And we were not alone, as we saw table after table leaving with doggie bags that were definitely NOT going to the dogs once they got home. Call for reservations, and use the valet for parking. Not cheap, but definitely worth it.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Right after I waited half an hour to sit another hour to get the food and if that wasn't enough I feel something on my leg when I get up to see there was a cockroach crawling my leg I immediately stand up and killed it and showed the manager, to my aww he asked me if I wanted desert on the house for free and I'm sorry but this things happen. Woot outrageous this is a restaurant no this things shouldn't happen.

1  Thank Dayli C
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

I have visited this twice in the past 15 years and have had good experiences both times with their great service and tasty food.

Been to Valenca? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK