“Rude, uninformed staff.”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Rude, uninformed staff.”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

It's taking me forever to get this review written because of the terrible internet access which keeps dropping out.

I understand that budget hotels sometimes have this problem, but their complete unwillingness to simply reset the router is aggravating.

"Hi, this is room 106. The internet connection keeps dropping out. Can you please reset the router in case this fixes the problem."

"Ehhhh, the internet is verking."

"I understand at the moment it's working, but every couple of minutes the signal drops out. Can you please reset it real quick to see if this helps?"

"Ehhhh the internet is verking so that will not fix."

"I'm a computer guy. Trust me that I know what I'm talking about. Can you please quickly unplug the router for a few seconds and then plug it back in. It's very east to do and will often fix problems like this."

"Ehhh yes but the internet is verking."

"Really? You won't do this simple thing for a guest? You don't think I'll go straight to trip advisor and tell the world how unhelpful you are?"

"Ehhhh the internet is verking."

"You've been a great help. Thank you for all of your efforts. Get some rest, you work too hard."

"Ehhhhh..."

Aside from their rude incompetence, the room isn't exactly filthy, but it has that slight "could be urine" smell. I'm too tired to check out and deal with charging back the cost from my credit card company. I hope this review helps someone make a better choice.

The computer geniuses here who obviously know what they're talking about haven't even bothered to secure the router, so I've gained access and locked everyone out. Hopefully that will drive complaints to the front desk.

"Ehhhhhhhhhhhh."

Room Tip: Simply choose another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank dfelix75
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry for the problem you experienced with the internet.

• Management, maintenance and desk staff received instruction on properly dealing with internet connection.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which you, our valued guests, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. We take our reviews seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I went straight for the bed and found a dead Bedbug!!!!!!!!!!! The bathrooms were dirty/moldy. Don't think they were cleaned in a very long time. We didn't stay after the bug was found. No one should ever stay here it is a slum!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here there are bedbugs!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel because we were stranded due to a snowstorm car accident. The first room they gave us had peeling wallpaper and pubic hair all over the bathtub. I demanded a clean room, and they sent a housekeeper to the room. I showed her the obviously-disgusting bathtub, and she started arguing with me in Hindi that is was fine, turning on the water to show that I could just rinse all the pubic hair down the drain. I saw no point in arguing, and instead walked down to the office, and they gave me a key to a different room. This one at least had no hair in the bathroom and no peeling wallpaper. But it did have bugs, a dirty carpet, a smelly bedspread, and an antique heating system. The lampshades, curtains, mattress, bedspreads, carpet, etc. all give the impression that the hotel was bought in the early seventies, and not a dime has been invested in it since. I was almost surprised that the TV was in color. Breakfast was apples, bread, paper-thin bagels, mini-donuts, and cookies. Really, this would have been fine for $35 per night, but they charge twice that. It gives Days' Inn a bad name, really. If I were the owner of the Days Inn chain, I would not want this place using the name of my chain. In short, if you are a prostitute looking for a place to work, or stranded by a car accident, this Days Inn might be a marginally preferable alternative to an alley. If you are anyone else, pay the extra thirty bucks to book a decent hotel somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry about your car accident and hope all is well with you now.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2011

BEDBUGS!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Let me start off by saying to Mr. Opposite Attraction, no matter how much you pay it aint worth your health, so you must be use to bedbugs @ home. This place was the worst. The first night we came in the room was cold and the floor was damp. There was a bucket under the A/C unit with staggnated water in it, and the heat and half of the lights did not work. The next day we went out to shop, and a movie, and when we returned we discovered a lame attempt to clean the room. The bed was made and a few things picked up, but there were still used cups on the table and trash in the room, we soon discovered why when we noticed THE HOUSEKEEPING STOLE OUR SMOKE!!! (Yes, you know what I mean) We pulled back the covers cuz we noticed sum hairs on the pillow that weren't ours to discover huge blood stains in the bed. We immediately called the front desk to ask if there were bedbugs, and they act like they couldn't understand English, but they came up quickly with new sheets and blankets. Upon them leaving, I went to go in the restroom to have a shower and put my towel on the toilet, and a HUGE BEDBUG ran from inside the toilet paper roll and sat on the paper itself, staring like it was waiting to bite me! We immediately demaded a refund in which we were told we could speak to the manager in the morning because seh was informed and agreed we could check out. the next morning when I called her, she tried to refuse our money to say, and I quote... "You bought the bedbug with you in a cup"!!! REALLY??? It took me 2hrs and numerous threats, but we were refunded for our one night.... NOW, I've given you enuff reasons (although there were a few more like no bath rags, dirty toilet, broken fridge, etc) not to stay at this blowhole of a hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to their elimination.

• Management and desk staff received additional training in the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests. We can’t always give everyone what they want, but we can be polite in the way we treat them.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Well, it's cheap. If price is your top concern, and you don't mind cat pee, dirty/moldy bathrooms, lots of broken stuff, and lax security, this is the place for you. When I locked myself out, clerk gave me a duplicate key, no questions asked (didn't ask for my name, ID, nothing, just room number). Security latch on the door broken as well. Mattress may have been grabbed off a sofabed. Staff barely speaks English so good luck explaining any problems. They do get a star for sending someone right away to fix our messed-up TV, and for having good pillows and a fridge/micro. Your basic cheap crappy motel. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

• Desk staff was approached about properly making sure of the identity of the person asking for a duplicate key before handing one out.

• Management was approached about setting up a system whereby the staff or our valued guest can ask for another staff person to help when there is a language barrier problem.

• Staff received our commendation in the courteous, helpful way in which they acted in helping to straighten out the problem you experienced with the TV in the room assigned to you.