“hidden gem”

Shanghai Noodle House
Ranked #198 of 281 Restaurants in Edison
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Authentic Chinese food. Huge menu. Large portions, Small restaurant. Recommended by a Chinese- American I know. Frequented by Chinese diners by and large. Home made food DELICIOUS. GREAT find.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Leaning towards more authentic Chinese food, not the usual Americanized take out. We come here for the beef noodle soup, wonton soup, and rice toppings. Good food for dine in or take out. Good breakfast/brunch selection on weekends too. Fast service. We don't speak Chinese but have never had a language problem. Additional discount if you pay cash.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Not at all what I expected. The Menu selection is Extensive. I ordered what was familiar to me, was not very adventurous on this meal trip. The food we selected was very very good. Love how crispy there chicken wings were. Pork fried rice was amazing (however the bones in the flats were almost always broken ..Personal Pet Pev). There pork dumplings were very very good (wished it came with a dipping sauce).

Reviewed 6 November 2016

I was with a group of six there for lunch. We all ordered different things and shared. The food was generally very good, if somewhat spicy. We were lucky to get a table for six as it was very busy.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

A Chinese takeout restaurant that does NOT have EGG ROLLS - so I ordered the pork dumplings.... Included NO DIPPING SAUCE - they were absolutely boring and tasteless!

I ordered pork fried rice - one size only - $9 - THE MOST TASTELESS, BLAND, UNSEASONED rice I've EVER experienced. They didn't even include a regular, white rice with the entree (shrimp in garlic sauce)...

In my opinion, a complete waste of time & money (I threw $28 down the toilet). Save both of yours.

1  Thank Debbie S

Been to Shanghai Noodle House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK