“Good food, service was not”
Review of La Vecchia Napoli - CLOSED

La Vecchia Napoli
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017

The first clue that the wait staff was clueless was we were seated and had to wait 10 minutes for menus. The place was mostly empty but they mixed up the orders and the food took forever. My wife and kids liked the food but, since my food never came, I guess it smelled good. The bread, which came quickly, was also good. We will not return even though the food was good; it did not make up for the poor service. Lastly, there was no kid's menu so avoid if you have picky eaters. On a side note, the views across to Manhattan made up for everything.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I go there at least every month ir two. We always have an excellent meal! We recommend the veal. All the pasta is delicious!

1  Thank sherif_barsoum
Reviewed 1 May 2017

The most authentic Italian restaurant you can find in Edgewater. Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The whole family who is usually hard to please, had a wonderful time enjoying dinner. Definitely would recommend trying white tiramisu. I can never have enough of this delicious desert at La Vecchia Napoli.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

The place is under new ownership and the food used to be good . But now its the worst italian restaurant and I go to many of them . All dishes were oily , small portions overcooked and over priced or tasted like vineger . The place is now byob but the food quality is horrible . They are trying to be a classy place by their valet parking , small portions and long wait for food ( pretending its freshly made) but are failing since the food is now terrible . Waste of time and money .

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Everything in this establishment is old world....and that's a good thing. Food is delicious, warm bread was excellent and service was appropriately attentive. What more could you ask for!