“I LOVED THIS PLACE!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I've stayed in all kinds of hotels and this was a great find. First of all,the hotel was built in 2004 & imho, it looks pretty darn new. This hotel has a very warm cozy feel all over. There was a 2 sided gas fireplace burning as you walk in the lobby. Friendly, quick check-in & they had my member # without asking me for it-that shows they or their computer system is on the ball. I was travelling w/my senior parents for one night, so we got a 2 room suite w/2 beds w/flat screen tv in the bedroom, and a separate living room w/kitchen w/a second flat screen tv. Perfect for the 3 of us. There were granite countertops in the kitchenette & on the bathroom sink. The kitchen was stocked with basic dishes-I noticed everything had 4 to it-4 large dinner dishes, 4 bowls, 4 coffee cups, 4 forks, etc., a mixing bowl, pot holder, paper towels, even a new, small bottle of dishwashing liquid.The refrigerator was a good size w/a top freezer and there was even a dishwasher! We didn't use any of these items, but I wanted to mention it here in case anyone was wondering. The bathroom tiles were spotless and we had great water pressure. The towels were nice, not too thin, not to thick & absorbent. The heating/cooling system was quiet & efficient. The lines were crisp and the mattress was great. We all slept terrific. The breakfast area was large, had plenty of seating, had huge floor to ceiling windows that looked outside to a pool that was close this time of year. Nice breakfast w/most of the standard fare-wafels, yogurts, scrambled eggs,fresh fruit, cottage cheese, hardboiled eggs, homemade & packaged oatmeal, etc. Lots of comfortable seats... From 5:30-7:30pm, they have a little 'snack' for the guests, I think on Tues.-Thursday nights. There were 2 kinds of chicken wings, chips & salsa, and then when one dish of the chicken wings were gone, they brought out macaroni & cheese. Coffee, tea, soda, juice,etc. were all available all day till about 9:30pm...Internet reception was great. No stains on the carpets in our room, hallways & lobby area. Everything about this hotel was clean, even the inside of the elevators. There was a nice business center near the elevators and next to that was a small library/living room where you could sit and read or chat-a nice touch. Like some previously said, this was well beyond our expectations. It was my first stay at a Staybridge Suites. I have a business convention in June in this area so I've already made my reservation to return. The ONLY negative I had with this hotel was the faint smell of tobacco in the hallways, as someone mentioned earlier, even though most rooms around us seemed to be labeled nonsmoking. Being a member, I asked for a late checkout and they gave us 2 extra hours-now that was nice! I can't wait to return in June!

Room Tip: The parking lot lines up with the next door Sheraton. I had a meeting at the Sheraton but since this...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ssg47
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Six of us stayed at the Staybridge and found it to be well beyond our expections. I had never stayed at a Staybridge before but certainly will in the future. Our individual bills were efficiently and accurately prepared by Mike at the front desk. I slept like a baby - what a comfortable bed! The breakfast buffet had a wonderful variety of good food, fruits, etc. The kitchen area was well stocked but we didn't need it since we only stayed one night. The common area was great for our group when we played games in the evening. The front doors were surrounded by lovely spring flowers. My only complaint: The computer monitor was at least 1 foot above eye level so I had to stand to see it. I'd definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bobodancer
Reviewed 23 April 2012

stayed 1 night for a friend's wedding. the check in process was easy, we were able to get late check out as requested. the room was clean, the breakfast had a good selection. would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The room I stayed in was clean, comfortable, and very attractive. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bedding was well above average; very comfy. The room also had a comfortable sitting area, desk, and kitchen. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, with scrambled eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, fruit salad, cooked oatmeal (not just packets), a waffle maker, and more. They also offered yummy fresh cookies and fruit in the afternoon. The free wi-fi connection was fast and reliable. I stayed for two nights on a business trip. The only minor downsides I noticed were a slight smell of smoke in the hallway and that I could hear some noise from the room next door.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights. I have come to not worry about my reservations at Staybridge Suites and it remains true after this stay. Good food at the evenoing social, only thing different than some others is no free beer. But you do get them 1/2 price during the social and thats OK. Typical breakfast, good room and professional looking staff. There is something to be said for the hotels that have the front desk people looking professional not just in ratty old pull over shirts but nice shirts and ties for the gentlemen and matching blouses for the ladies. It makes a good first impression.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank digger-ace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
2.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
6.0 km away
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK