“Great hotel, great value, great staff, CLEAN :-)”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
maryland
“Great hotel, great value, great staff, CLEAN :-)”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I had a very important job interview in town, so I was concerned about getting a good nite's rest. This hotel surpassed my expectations in every, single way. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The maintenance workers are pleasant. All of the guests seemed happy, just like me. And the breakfast (with eggs, sausage, bacon and pancakes), with self serve fountain sodas and juices - WOW!

Oh, one last thing: they have opening windows!!! This may not mean a lot to most people, but I need fresh air. Perfect.

If I get this job (fingers are very crossed!), I will most definitely be staying here on a regular basis.

Thanks for a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: Had no problem with the smoke issues that were mentioned on someone else's post.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank birdlover22
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Greensboro
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My wife and I have been staying at this property since 2005. Our experience with Staybridge has always been excellent. Their amenities such as the breakfast buffet and guest laundry (both complimentary) make staying here both enjoyable and convenient. The property is immaculate, the staff is first rate and the location gives easy access to all of the Shore beaches and attractions.
However, this time we came up against an issue that we deem serious enough to make us re-think any future stays. We always take the same 2 bedroom suite on the 4th floor. There are 5 floors in the building. As we were walking down the hall to our room after checking in we noticed an extremely strong odor of cigarette smoke. I went down to the desk to make the manager aware of the situation and he told me (much to my surprise) that there is a smoking room at the end of the hall on our floor! As a matter of fact, there is more than 1 smoking room on that floor even though all of the other rooms on the floor are non-smoking. Why would you combine smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor when there is no way to completely filter out cigarette smoke and odor from the air circulating in the building? I can't remember the last time I was in a hotel that allowed smoking in the guest rooms. And, there is more than ample room outside to accomodate smokers. There were no other non-smoking 2 bedroom suites available so we were stuck.
In all the years we have been staying here, we have never had such an unpleasant experience. To get any relief we had to block our door with pillows to keep the smoke from seeping in from the hall and we had to leave the windows open all the time (New Jersey in December).
I was told that there is a major renovation planned for 2012 and the smoking policy is up for review at that time. We would like to return to Staybridge but if nothing changes, we will be staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott just up the road. Same set-up, same rates and completely smoke-free.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank carmandy
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Friendly staff, both Welcome Recepton (hamburgers, hotdogs and salad) and Breakfast are included in the price. Room was well equipped and spotless; kitchen well stocked with all the amenities. Free Wi Fi was a little iffy in the room but worked beautifully elsewhere and computers are available w/o charge in the business center. Since family live near by I plan on returning frequently.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Maruka300
SBS-ETOWN, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us here in Eatontown. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is my third time staying at this hotel. It is a great place to stay. Front staff very courteous. The rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. Easily accessible to the beach and mall. I have stayed here to participate in local races. The convenience of this hotel to the races is great. Minor issue, I believe the 4th floor also has a smoking wing, which you can smell throughout the floor. I request to not stay on that floor. Also, air conditioner a bit loud. Become a Priority Member for free and you can get a late checkout which has been helpful for me as I can come back and shower after my race.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank sharon2girls
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us here in Eatontown. We are glad that you chose to stay at Staybridge Suites on your return visit to the Jersey Shore and we hope to see you again next time!
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Our family stayed at the Eatontown Staybridge for two nights due to the hurricane in NJ. It was a last minute reservation but the place was impressive. Very clean, the kitchenette and bathroom was spotless, as were the linens. The hotel room was equipped with everything, extra garbage bags, fully stocked kitchen, dishwasher detergent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone....we were staying with two small pekingnese, but the hotel has NO smell and the rooms are super quiet. Pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us here in Eatontown. We are glad that we were able to accomodate your family during the recent hurricane and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
2.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
3.4 km away
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK