“Sadly not as good under new management”
Review of Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CLOSED

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

This Perkins -- in Eatontown & 2 minutes from our house -- used to be our go-to place for brunch, lunch or dinner. With new management/new cook, same menu selections below par. Instead, we now travel 30 minutes to the Holmdel which is (NJ) store which is very, very good.

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

We like Perkins because they have a decent menu are generally clean and usually have a nice wait staff.
Wow. I mean wow. Super clean. Very quiet. And the waiter and manager could not have been nicer. The food was good too. Sure, its a chain. But there's something about Perkins that separates itself from a Chili's or Friendy's, etc.
I must admit we had a small problem with my wife's salad. Nothing major and I'm not even going to mention the issue. The manager didn't even blink an eye. He immediately compt it( which we insisted he did not do) AND he offered an entire selection of desserts to take home. Who does this?? A manager/ owner that knows how to treat his customers. You dont find that too often in a chain.
Sure there a plenty of restaurants in Eatontown and Long Branch; but if you want great food great service and an overall great experience have a meal or two here.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 22 March 2015

I love coming to a place that offers a huge variety. This way everyone is able to get what they want. I also like belonging to their eclub which allows me to get coupons and discounts emailed to me. We usually come for lunch at least twice a month. Best bets are the multigrain blueberry pancakes, and the Chef's salad!

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 8 September 2014

My wife and I ate breakfast here on Saturday and this was hands down one of the best Perkins experiences we have had. There was a small wait to get a table as there was no one at the front station ( our only issue ), however the lady at the front did not leave us waiting more than a few minuetes. The decor I should mention was very tasteful and unique, almost like you might expectto find in an older professional resturant, just the right touch of old and new to create a very pleasant environment. As for the food? Delicious, simply delicious! My wife had breakfast platter and I had one of their specials, which they offer on a seperate menu. I had a sliced steak over breakfast potatoes, onions, two types of cheese and scrambled eggs with fruit on the side. A dish that while it looks a little unconventional simply melts in your mouth. I live about 35 miles away and my wife and I will be making the drive back for breakfast; For those curious we paid $27 for two people to eat including beverages.The food is simply that good.
Our waitress was Cindy and she was exceptionally good at her job, which is not something I say often as I used to do her job I know how tough it can bbe to do it well. The parking lot is a little smaller than some other resturants, but it is placed off a main road so it is accessible.Overall this is a Perkins that I can reccomend hands down

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Good quality food at reasonable prices - just what you would expect from a Perkins or an IHOP. Also, our server (I think her name was Joan or JoAnn) was super sweet!

The whole wheat french toast with bananas was DELICIOUS, as was the apple chicken sausage.

Date of visit: August 2014