“Favorite diner ever”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Really good food, great prices, huge variety. good desserts, great service, modern looking diner.

Not sure why but most diners have an old tavern look, dark and run down chairs, tables and carpet. This diner is modern, fresh looking with lots of light and good food. the only cheap thing about this place is its' prices.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We've been here several times when we traveled to NYC and were not disappointed this time either. The food was good, portions large and choices almost endless. About the only suggestion I would have is the noise level, so make sure you are seated away from a large group when you go. Also, check out the great selection of deserts on the way out. If you've never had authentic NY cheescake, this is the place to give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

This diner is my place to go every Friday for dinner. The food is good but the SERVICE is horrible. What is a place with just a good food?? Service is very important too. I got the same waitress two weeks in a row and service sucked both times. She never comes around to check if you need a refill or just to check if you need anything. She just bring your food and never show her face again. I had to ask someone else for my check because the waitress was no where to be found. I heard that we were her last customer and because of us, she couldn’t go home. Was that my fault? The hostess should have know better. In this case, the hostess sucks too because she doesn’t know what she is doing. They seriously need to get better trained hostess and waitress. Now, I have to find a new place to eat every Friday.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

A Local Spot for Decades. Standard diner food. Pretty good menu. Not too pricey. Parking can be tough when there is a big crowd.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

My son and I were looking for a good lunch stop before braving the traffic into the city. The Candlewyck was an excellent choice. As we waited to be seated, we were next to the dessert and pastry case... OMG did that stuff look delicious! Even though the place was jammed, we were seated quickly, got our drinks, and began the process of perusing the extensive menu. We opted for the black bean and roasted sweet potato burger, and a fresh roasted turkey "Cobb" wrap, with a side of onion rings. The wrap was perfect, crisped in the panini press, and packed with, well, a cobb salad. The black bean sweet potato burger was also excellent. We will be back, if for no other reason, to try some of those desserts we didn't have room for!