“Adequate”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our favorite Asian restaurant closed recently, so we are on the hunt for a new restaurant.
We decided to try Avenue East after hearing rave reviews. After looking at the website, I was anxious to try a healthier version with no MSG and lighter sodium soy sauce.
They have delivery to our town, so in light of the very cold weather, we decided this would be a great night to try it out.
They warned us it would be a 45-60 minute delivery time, but it did take a bit longer. Everything arrived stone cold, but after zapping it in the microwave we brought it back to hot!
The hot and sour soup needed a little more heat and a little more vinegar but was decent. The vegetable steamed dumplings were great- a very thin dough which was nice.
The three entrees I thought were very tasty but my husband felt needed a bit more flavor. The moo shu vegetable was very good but the pancakes arrived in a folded solid block! Again, microwave to the rescue!
I think to better judge this restaurant, the next visit will be eating there.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The menu is extensive in this restaurant offering Asian-style food.The decor is pretty -- we were seated in front of a large window facing the street -- and the service was attentive during our late lunch on a Sunday. The portions were a good size but not enough for leftovers. Stay away from the shrimp Pad Thai -- the noodles were gummy and the liberal use ketchup was just plain weird. The seafood pan fried noodle dish was very good. Our experience made me suspect that the chef was familiar with preparing Chinese food but definitely not Thai, so my advice would be to order accordingly.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The food here is excellent, but if you go on the weekend or a busy weekday night, the noise level is deafening. You can barely hear yourself talk. That's why we take out from here on the weekend.

This is a very popular restaurant. No real ambience, and definitely not the place for a quiet romantic dinner, but great for Asian fusion if you don't mind the noise. Definitely make a reservation on the weekend.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I always like the Thai choices here. But tonight I tried the Malaysian Mee Goreng and was quite happy. My partner had red curry and quite liked it. He says it was spicy. We had mochi for dessert, but wish they had Thai sticky rice or red bean soup.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here for years. The ambiance is good. The food quality is very good but not gourmet. Service is very good are consistently busy. Prices are reasonable and it is byob.
Enjoy