“Excellent food but very noisy on the weekend”
Review of Avenue East

Avenue East
Ranked #14 of 88 Restaurants in Cranford
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The food here is excellent, but if you go on the weekend or a busy weekday night, the noise level is deafening. You can barely hear yourself talk. That's why we take out from here on the weekend.

This is a very popular restaurant. No real ambience, and definitely not the place for a quiet romantic dinner, but great for Asian fusion if you don't mind the noise. Definitely make a reservation on the weekend.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I always like the Thai choices here. But tonight I tried the Malaysian Mee Goreng and was quite happy. My partner had red curry and quite liked it. He says it was spicy. We had mochi for dessert, but wish they had Thai sticky rice or red bean soup.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here for years. The ambiance is good. The food quality is very good but not gourmet. Service is very good are consistently busy. Prices are reasonable and it is byob.
Enjoy

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My husband & I have been here several times & have never been disappointed.
We have always had delicious meals & wonderful service.
I highly recommend this upscale Asian fusion dining experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I am not too much fan of Asian food, just because I am a vegetarian. So I have limited choice, yet I was able to find dishes which were palatable. Soup was nice, and Tofu dish (for me) without Tofu was great with Brown Rice. Seaweed Salad was not bad, but I expected food to be spicier. It made difference just because I was with my wife and son and daughter-in-law. Atmosphere was nice and being on Sunday evening it was not too crowded. Only thing I did not like was not offering better seats when there were quite a few sofa seats available and empty. I asked but I did not get satisfactory answer and got the seats all the way inside near the restroom and kitchen.