“Hidden Turkish delights”

Zena's American Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #38 of 65 Restaurants in Collingswood
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Hidden in an established residential neighborhood, this little restaurant is more than just a pizza & steak shop. They have a full-blown menu of wonderful options awaiting anyone willing to stop in. Vegetarian Moussaka, hummus, baba ghanouj and other appetizers (including the equivalent of Greek dolmades), kafta, kabobs, broiled salmon, lamb, chicken, beef, tzaziki sauce, it's here. A couple of missteps along the way, but nothing I can't live with. First was their being closed on a religious holiday, but no sign on the door explaining why they were closed. We went back and loved every bite. Second trip, my dining partner ordered water and got bottled water. He was told it was because they had a water problem. Yet, they use the same water to cook and he was charged for water he didn't choose. They should have been up front about that. He wasn't happy and doesn't want to return. Plus, I ordered pizza and he ordered salmon, but the salmon sat while the pizza finished, so wasn't hot when he got it. They willingly corrected that, but it would be better served when ready. The pizza was wonderful. Maybe a little more sauce would be nice, but so much cheese and the crust was perfect. I rarely eat the outer edges, but there was nothing left of this. They don't get a lot of traffic, so they don't have the heat on until someone comes in to sit down. This is to save money. So, it is chilly, but they immediately turned on the heat when we got there. I'm assuming the reverse is also true in summer. They will also deliver everything on the menu, even to Gloucester City. The menu is now added to our collection.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I heard about this restaurant via a discount site and decided to give it a try because I like Mediterranean cuisine. It was off the beaten path for Collingswood which has a major restaurant scene in the middle of town. However, it was worth the trip. We ordered a hummus appetizer which was excellent and then some chicken entrees, Biryani with chicken and walnut baklava for dessert. All very good. There were many different types of menu items offered including pizza so there is something to please everyone unless you want a cheeseburger. In that case, go someplace else.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

Its a simple set up and very quick service. The shwarma's and hummus are delicous and the price is excellent.

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Off the beaten path but decent selection of Mediterranean cuisine. It was late so we did take out. Cute little "hole in the wall" with decent food.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This little joint is right in my neighborhood, so you can guess I've tried it a few times! I'm really glad I'd gone back, as the first time I stopped in, I ordered a small mushroom pizza, and it was completely forgettable. I thought "this place is doomed," as it sits off a busy road, amidst suburbia, but with very little foot traffic. Numerous businesses have been there over a short period of time, so I know it's been a trying location. But Zena's has some great items that will get your attention.

First of all, there is a Lebanese menu, which is not as typical as your Italian and Indian fare in the vicinity. They do that much better there than their attempt at American / Pizzaria fare. If you happen to get a menu, look inside at their Mediterranean foods - YUM! Here are some of the items I've tried: falafel sandwich (adding feta), hummus, chicken shwarma, eggplant and Lebanese salad. I would order them all again, and the prices are very fair. There isn't often many diners in the restaurant, but they have a thriving delivery! I suggest trying something other than a typical cheesesteak or pizza on a Friday evening, and get your tabouli on!! It's amazing take - out!