Howard Johnson by Wyndham Clifton NJ
US$ 124
US$ 166
US$ 148
Priceline
Saddle Brook Marriott(Saddle Brook)
US$ 171
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 213/night.

US$ 201
US$ 186
AVE Clifton(Clifton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I checked for a short two day stay so that we may spend a couple days in NYC site seeing. Upon booking the hotel online using my Wyndham Rewards app , we immediately prcoeeded into the hotel and took care of checking in. The front desk associate asked for my license and credit card , my assuming it was maybe for incidentals since I had paid online ..... but when handed a receipt I noticed the full room was charged to the card without asking or explaining the charge or even the cost and fees. I immediately refused to sign and told the associate that the room should have been paid for while I booked online but if it had indeed not been then I would use the card used online. I expressed my concern with him attempting a charge without asking and explaining the charges and such but he seemed irriitated that he had to reprint another receipt using the proper card. I then explained that I was a gold status member and would like to request a late check out , but he denied that request and only said that they don't do that ...... he said if I wanted a late checkout then I'd have to pay extra. To avoid any further frustrations , we simply took our room key and went in for the night. Room was small and sliding glass door to patio was difficult to open and close and didn't close properly. There were some cigarette burns on the blanket and end table and sliding door needed to be cleaned from the outside , as it was quite dirty..... aside from that , the room was clean and adaquate for the two days we needed. Upon looking at my bank account online , I noticed the front desk associate did indeed charge my bank card even before signing any agreement to do so and with no explanation of such charges. The next morning I immediately went to the front desk to address the DOUBLE charge but no manager was available yet and I was told when to return. The female at the time was very apologetic and when I also explained the being denied a late check out , she corrected what I was told and said we could definitely have a late check out and again apologized.
Later that morning I returned to address the issue of being double charged and the male attendant at that time was a little rude when I was trying to explain the being charged on two cards for the same thing and how their practice of charging a gusts card in such a manor was not appropriate. After the assciate iterupted my explaining the situation by telling me to wait (in a rude manor) the hotel manager stepped out from the back office and asked if he could help finally. Again, I explained the double charge and how it had now tied up almost $300 that was intended for our trip into the city..... but was told I'd have to call my bank and have them call the hotel so the hotel could release the hold...... no apology for the incident..... almost making me feel as if I was again , bothering them.
I stay in hotel quite frequently and I've never seen such practices and disregard for a guests experice and satisfaction.
The morning we were to check out we had hotel staff knocking at the door at the exact check out time , without being given the late check out. When answering the door and being told it was check out time , I explained that we requested a late check out because for two days I woke with a headache and was hoping for an extra 30-40 minutes of rest..... but at this point we were up and I said we would be out shortly. Now I'm absolutely NOT one to complain or give a hotel a bad review that even if I had issues , as long as they were corrected properly or tried, I'd always still leave a fair to good review, but there seemed to be little to no effort to make sure our stay was a pleasant one.
I feel the need to also address the hotels practice of how they freshen the air within the hallways, as it was extremely overwhelming! Not sure what they used but it smelled like very strong incents of some type and for my not being a very sensitive type , it was so overwhelming that I began to wonder if it was that that was giving me the headaches...... that morning was so bad what was a headache turned into a migraine.... a migraine so bad that after check out , after being woke early despite asking for a late check out , I had my fiancé go back in and book another night because I was unable to drive 4 hours home...... extremely reluctant to say the least but I could not drive. I was told I had to go in to the lobby and to book the room although my fiancé said I was very ill and she wasn't able to sign for the room since it was in my name and such..... I did so and with zero empathy from the manager that now attended the front desk...... not that I needed any at all but after the issues we had and concerns that were expressed , there was nothing at all, not even a slightly discounted rate for the addional night due to being ill..... as a matter of fact it was more.

So in short - the hotel itself could use some minor touching up and sliding doors needed attention but over all it was fine for the two , or three nights we needed it for and was in an ok location as far as the highway and not far from some shops and had an IHOP attached but had no use for it or the room service said to be available. The biggest issue the was staff (aside from one female front desk associate) the guest relations absolutely needed to improve !

Last note to this stay - upon checking out the last day, I woke and called to varrify our late checkout before anyone came knocking at our door..... felt I needed to do that since their seemed to be a lack of communication or proper guest accommodations. As my fiancé and I approached the front desk while leaving we heard the front desk associate using very vulgar language either to someone leaving the lobby or on the phone , we we saw both whom could have been the recipient of such language...... the langue was loud and for anyone to hear with zero regard to whom could have........ it was the use of the "F" bomb and expressing how something was none of anyone's business ........ inappropriate without question.

Needless to say - my very first complaint was brought to Wyndham Hotels attention, not only for that but our entire stay......... and the wyndham agent was EXTREMELY apologetic and undertanding and said the issues will absolutely be addressed and a sufficient resolution was offered.

Won't likely stay there ever again despite the efforts of the Wyndham hotels rewards agent...... not unless under new management. Will now simoly look elsewhere if in the area, but won't deter me from Wyndham hotels , just that one.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel was not only cheap and cheesy it's run by a bunch of erky jerky guys who think ,we are too stupid to understand the lamo price gauging and addition issues when it comes to your receipts .Watch them closely they all want to blame the system or the computer but they work it all to there own advantages. This hotel has rif raf all hours and night goers,lots of quarks for the hustlers but not my style.wyndahm should reconsider even having these hojos affiliated with there property points program,they are taking people's money in the excessive taxes And fees ..dont go .... is all I will say it's over rated and under the quality i prefer.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business