“Where's the staff?”
Review of Mr. G's

Mr. G's
Ranked #24 of 45 Restaurants in Carlstadt
Reviewed 10 July 2018

My husband and I walked in after another couple (we assume visitors from a local hotel since they walked over). We waited for the hostess. Staff walked around, bartender looked directly at us. Nothing. Not a word. No "She'll be right with you."

Once she finally arrived we sat down and waited 11 minutes in a completely empty restaurant for a waiter to come give us a menu or to serve us. NOBODY. We got up and left.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Mr. G's is a great place to dance with friends and shake your booty. It's not a good place for food or drinks. The staff is clueless because they hire folks with little to no experience and I find that annoying. My server had no idea what Jameson's Whiskey is? She said, "I'm sorry we don't have that kind of liquor". I looked over and it was right on the bartenders shelf. Aside from that, my group and I had fun dancing and the hookah was good too.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I added some pics to go with this review. Staying at the Holiday Inn next door to Mr. G’s. Front desk said yes, good place to go. So wrong. We went on Thursday which was Ladies Night. Small menu selection. I ordered the beef empanadas & my hubby ordered the Cuban sandwich. I grew up on plain/no spices kinda food. If you like that, this place won’t be too bad. Hubby disliked it so he ordered a pizza once we got back to hotel. I had to go up to the bar to get another beer. Yes, the place has an odd smell. It is a big place, but there were 6 customers in total & this is during evening prime time. I don’t think this place cares if they stay in business.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Maybe it's because the Giants aren't having a good year, or maybe it's because the place hasn't been updated in the past 4 decades,
The food is okay, the service is okay, but it wasn't the most fun atmosphere to hang with friends.
To avoid the smell of the hooka pipes, they launch at least three cans of air freshener before they open the doors. Gagging, oppressive, choking air freshener. Really, all ya gotta do is CLEAN the place and it will be fine.
They are so unpopular that not all bars are open.
The TVs are everywhere, but are placed at an angle that requires everyone to be looking up all the time.
The DJ plays music during commercial breaks, which should be fun, but isn't.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Was at the bar and over hear the manager and server staff who are of Hispanic background dropping the N word (with an "a" at the end) if that makes a difference. I asked the bar tender if should tell them to stop and they did but with a attitude. I was told it's ok if they say it "They are Hispanic" it doesn't mean anything bad any more. Wow!! So that gives you a free pass. That's a big FAIL. If you are working for a restaurant you should act perfessional and not use terms like that in front of your costumers.