All reviews ebbitt room red cottage continental breakfast front porch silver tray the cottages congress hall breakfast delivered no elevator my husband and i valet service third floor cape resorts the main hotel yogurt boutique hotel spa shower
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We had an amazing time the last weekend of August at The Virginia, and everything was impeccable from beginning to end of our holiday.
Every single staff member that I had the pleasure of dealing with, during our stay, the front of the house, valet, restaurant staff, even beach staff were all so professional and accommodating that it truly does add a level of enjoyment to your over all experience.
Our room at The Red Cottage, Windward Suite, was spacious, immaculately clean.
The breakfast brought to our room every morning was a great, fresh healthy mix of yogurt, honey, biscuit, muffin, orange juice, coffee. I really appreciated the Nespresso machine in our second sitting room with a generous selection of espresso pods.
We were able to enjoy an early start to our stay with their valet service and their accommodating offer to hold our bags until our room was ready for us.
I loved the location, proximity to the ocean, shops, Congress Hall, mall, beach drive.
There was not one negative comment that I could think of, everything straight across the board was top notch service, and always executed effortlessly. You can sense just how much pride each individual puts into their work.
The beach service was such a nice perk, the towels were soft, clean, luxurious. To see that level of service and pride in what they do carry over into their beach amenities is so refreshing and unique this day and age.
We simply cannot wait for our return visit and without a doubt The Virginia Hotel and all of its signing properties are part of what we look forward when coming to Cape May.
Congratulations and thank you for making our time in Cape May so memorable.

Room Tip: The rooms in The Cottages are just as nice and perhaps a bit more spacious, but all room throughout the properties are very nice
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P0rtuguy
Reviewed 25 August 2018

This was a two day getaway stay to celebrate a birthday coming from the Atlantic City area. We paid around $400 a night and while Cape May is expensive during the season , this only gets you a small room with no view , about a block from the beach but right near the center of town.
We found the staff was very polite and friendly especially the bartender. We also enjoyed breakfast served on the porch , use of Congress Hall pool and the beach amenities . However shortly after check in a maid removed a wine glass I had brought with me and although I immediately inquired at the front desk it was not found until two days later , after we returned home. The glass was mailed to us but we were charged an additional $9 postage on our card. Not quite exceeding our expectations from a $400 a night hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Staff are wonderful and eager to help. The front porch is wonderful and a great place to have a drink or coffee in the morning. Daily newspapers are an added benefit.

The room itself could use some work. See attached picture of the stained box spring sheet.
There were also a few cracks and chips that could use some attention.
The bed itself (a queen) was not the most comfortable. Pillows were flat.

Bathroom was nice, as was the provided soaps. However there were some cracks and mal-aligned vents.

Overall, its a good place to stay (no children allowed). Could use a fresh coat of paint and some new mattresses.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mikeychocolatecakes
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We stayed at the Virginia Hotel overnight this past week. We both have never stayed here and it was my boyfriend's first time in Cape May. From the moment that we booked, we received an email asking if they can make any reservations from us. We arrived in town earlier than check in and they took our bags and took our car. They were very accommodating! They also gave us a sheet with activities and a book of Cape May which is awesome from someone that has never been.The room was super clean and gorgeous inside. The best part of the trip was the breakfast that got delivered to our room in the morning. It was delicious! The pool and beach was clean and the workers did everything for us. Everyone was so kind and wanted to make sure that we were having a great trip. We definitely will be back!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam C
JordanRowan, General Manager at The Virginia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Sam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend so clearly enjoyed your stay with us. Most of all, thank you for your comments regarding the service of our staff--it is so rewarding to hear that they went above and beyond to ensure that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that you have both fallen in love with Cape May and will be back to stay with us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Jordan Rowan

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a 4 night 5 day stay at this fabulous historic, but trendy hotel one block from the beach, shopping , and the Congress Hall pool. Valet parking, never had to use our car. First night we had a dinner served by Sergio who I asked to pick my dinner right downstairs in the Ebbit Room. He was fabulous and so was the steak and crab cake dinner by the chef .They gave us Champagne for our Anniversary. Chantal arranged for us to have the beach tent with a cooler of cold drinks for 2 of our days. Highly recommend ordering one of these tents. Worth every penny. We ordered lunch at the shore which was hand delivered by a lovely Seton Hall Nursing Student who attended to our every need. One day we wanted to swim in a pool and because the Virginia is a Cape Resorts Hotel, you can use Congress Hall’s pool and again order lunch poolside. Our beautifully decorated room had a jacuzzi and a private porch where we had breakfast delivered to us daily. During the evenings we went to concerts in the Rotary Park and saw a Neil Simon play all within walking distance. Convenience, excellent service, and beautiful surroundings made us so happy we chose the Virginia Hotel for this special trip.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth F

Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you had a memorable stay here at the Virginia. We are honored that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us, not just at the hotel, but in our restaurant, the Ebbitt Room, as well. I am delighted to see that the staff's service and attention to detail, from the restaurant, to breakfast service, to complimentary valet and elsewhere was attentive and made you feel welcome and at home.

I sincerely hope you will be back to stay with us again soon, and see more of what Cape May has to offer!

Very Best,