US$ 500
Leith Hall Bed and Breakfast(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$ 283
Heritage Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$ 301
US$ 419
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$ 451
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$ 519
US$ 487
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$ 373
US$ 365
Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$ 347
TripAdvisor
All reviewsebbitt roomred cottagecontinental breakfastfront porchsilver traythe cottagescongress hallbreakfast deliveredno elevatormy husband and ithird floorcape resortsthe main hotelboutique hotelyogurtspa showercorner room
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a King room at the Virginia for 2 nights before the 4th of July weekend. The property is very charming and nice. The room was average size and nicely decorated. It had a very comfortable bed and pillows with a smallish bathroom. Everything worked perfectly, AC, shower, fridge, safe, lights, etc. We were on the second floor and everything was very quiet for an older property. We did not hear our neighbors, above or adjacent.
The folks who worked there seemed very seasoned for a younger group and provided as much or as little service as desired in a friendly manner.
After using the valet, we did not need our car for the next 2 days. There are so many shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. The beach was a block away and the beach team provides chairs, towels, umbrellas and food service (although we did not use the food service). It was super windy when we were there so we didn't spend more than a few hours on the beach. There was plenty to do otherwise as there are many activities available at their sister property, Congress Hall, a block away, including live music in the evenings.
We had an excellent stay and will be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chillmann
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Without any hesitation, this hotel is one of the finest establishments we ever stayed. Clean, spacious, attendant staff, evening turn down, included continental breakfast, and location. I am even reluctant to rate this hotel as it only has 24 rooms and I am afraid that it will be difficult booking in the future. It's not cheap, but it truly worth the price.

Room Tip: Pay the difference and get a corner room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VETTRAN
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We come to cape may at least once a year for a weekend - we stay at bed and breakfasts ( what cape may is known for) - somehow my wife thought this was a bed-and-breakfast as it showed up on some website listed as such - One of the problems is that there is a restaurant inside the hotel so the porch is full in the evenings with people that are dining here. So as a guest you may not be able to sit on the porch. The breakfast was nice but it's very much a continental breakfast - we had yogurt and fruit. Unlike other bed and breakfast locations there is no evening wine or other complimentsry items / everything is an extra cost - as a hotel I would say that it is nice - the rooms are clean and pleasant. It is in close proximity to the beach. Jackson Street is a nice street especially if you like the hustle and bustle of people walking around – which we do like. But I think the choice of bed-and-breakfast locations in town Is much better especially for the price of $300 per room. I didn't find the staff particularly friendly although they were also not rude. There is free parking which is a plus. So in summary it was a nice weekend but I would not choose to stay here again – there are too many excellent bed-and-breakfast options in Cape May.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joel S
JordanRowan, General Manager at The Virginia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Joel S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience was not what you had hoped for. It seems from your review that you were looking for a bed and breakfast experience, and I'm sorry if the Virginia Hotel was presented in that manner. Rather, we have always tried to offer our guests both the benefits of a B&B, such as the complimentary continental breakfast, along with the services provided in larger hotels, such as our complimentary valet parking, access to the pool at Congress Hall, complimentary umbrellas, towels and chairs at the beach, and a full service restaurant and bar located on premises.

Without taking anything away from one of the many amazing B&B's in Cape May, we are proud to consider ourselves a boutique hotel--I will be certain to review our marketing and ensure that we are not misrepresenting ourselves. Should you desire a different experience in the future, I hope that you will consider us for your Cape May getaway.

Warm Regards,

Jordan Rowan

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I stayed at the Virginia for one night with my family, Location couldn't be better. The hotel is very quaint, from the outside it looks like those beautiful Victorian houses, so typical to Cape May. The veranda is very nice. We did not have time to sit there, but I can imagine it is a lovely experience. The front desk staff was extremely nice and friendly. We had a corner room with a vast sitting area, and an excellent bed. Once you enter the room, there are two stairs, and then one more, very dangerous!. I suppose it is so only in this particular room. Breakfast is ordered the night before with a form that you fill out and hang on the door knob. We had it in the lobby, which was not very comfortable. To sum up - very nice. I recommend.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the room with the stairs inside. Sorry I do not remember its number.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank d1948
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We stayed in the windward room of the red cottage for Memorial weekend and had a great stay. The cottage is in a great location close to the beach, restaurants and shops. The highlights were how friendly the Virginia staff was, the super comfy bed, breakfast in bed and great smelling toiletries made from ingredients source on plum farms. This was my second stay in a Virginia cottage and I would definitely recommend it to family and friends. While in town don't miss wine tasting at Willow Creek Winery, breakfast at The Mad Batter, dinner and great service at the Blue Pig Tavern, Seafood at the Lobster House, dessert at Peace pie and all the fun shopping! Enjoy :)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple