“Looking forward to returning!”

Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #19 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The perfect place to vacation! Great location, free parking, extremely friendly staff, beautiful furnature, modern bathrooms, delicious food. Very good dinner theater, too!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

My Husband and I spent our First Anniversary here at Elaine's and after the first day we felt like Family.
We stayed in the Royal Suite Room 4 on the third floor. It was quiet, beautiful and very spacious. The room is decorated with great detail.. from the glassware in the bathroom to the brass hangers to the throw layed out on the bed. We were surprised at how well the Air conditioner filled both the room and Sunroom. We were also surprised to see a flat screen tv. There is a very authentic Victorian feel to the room and the Bed is heavenly. The porch and the sunroom both lean a little bit, however that just added to the charm. We enjoyed quiet time reading and picnicing during a rainy spell.

My Husband and I consider ourselves foodies from NY and we found the breakfast to be delicous. Each morning we were presented with a fanstastic meal. Fresh specials of the day or made to order eggs were always available as well as fresh fruit, yogurt and a freshly baked item. The attention to detail is apparent during your meals, you are served your meal on antique looking dishes on the porch.
My Husband and I were also treated to the show one of the nights of our stay. It was really funny and entertaining. We were happily surprised by the options for dinner. I had stuffed porkchops and my husband had the Salmon. Both were well prepared and juicy.

The staff at Elaines was the highlight of our stay. We were warmly greeted and they were always willing to make suggestions for local activities. We visited Sunset beach and a local restaurant at the suggestion of the staff and were delighted both times. We met the Owner of Elaines the day we left and she is quite gracious.

Cape May is a fantastic weekend getaway and Elaine's is the perfect spot to spend some quiet time with the one you love.. ohh BTW my Husband and i are in our 30's and although we were the youngest there that weekend we felt right at home.
We can't wait to make this our Annual trip! See you soon!

Room Tip: Book early to take advantage of specials
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We booked this B&B the last minute and got the last room they had for the night we stayed.

Things we like:
The location - close to the mall, the beach, and restaurants
The free parking space that was reserved for each room
The free drinks they offer (one/person)
The breakfast was good and had plenty of choices

Things may be improved:
The bedroom appeared to be clean, but there were hairs on the wall and door in the bathroom that were apparently from the previous guests;

There is only one chair in the room (we have two people) and the beds are very high so you have to climb to the bed in order to sit on it;

There is no table in the room, that made it difficult for us to use our labtop (e.g. for downloading pictures from cameras and to glance our photos);

There is no free internet access - a feature that may not be important for vacationers but we would use it for checking emails and sending pictures to family/friends if available, as we had some free time in the evening.

Well, may be we have been "spoiled" by the B&B we stayed the previous night in Wildwood, but I thought for the much higher price we paid, we had expected better.

Anyway, the ladies at front desk were nice for cheking in and out, and for making the reservation for our stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 1st_Time_in_DR
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Elaine's for a short 4 day vacation. We had a wonderful time. The room was beautiful, the staff was friendly and helpful. We couldn't believe how much we enjoyed the dinner theater. The acting and singing were good and the show was hysterical. The breakfasts were delicious and there was so much food we never needed to eat lunch. The bar was pretty and a convenient place to have a drink before bed. The location couldn't have been better. We walked everywhere, and there was so much to do we couldn't decide where to go next. We would highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcmar
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed here a couple of days at the end of July in room 10. Its a small room on the third floor. There are two other rooms on the floor but I didn't see or hear the guests from those rooms. The room contained a dresser, bed, and a couple of end tables. The room would have been improved by a chair or someplace to sit besides the bed. I have to admit the bed was really wonderful and the sheets were really soft. I would have liked a heavier comforter on the bed because I like to crank up the ac and hide under a pile of blankets. That is not a big deal though. The in room heating and cooling unit was quiet and efficient. The bathroom was quite nice but the water pressure was lacking. As you can see from my picture I have a mound of unruly hair and its way easier to wash with high water pressure but if you have short hair you'd probably be fine. It was a lovely little room and is good if you're looking for a cozy romantic place to spend the night.

Breakfast was served daily from 9-1030 and they offered a small buffet of cold items and a hot entree. The service was really good and the food hit the spot. My traveling companion and I really enjoyed the open deck on the second floor. We sat in the rocking chairs up there one night as a storm rolled through. We didn't attend the dinner theater but the actors who we spoke with seemed pretty nice and having people in costume coming in and out of the bar area was amusing. Overall I would consider Cape May to be over priced and I don't know if I'll go back there but, I would recommend Elaine's!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple