All reviews rusty nail fire pit across the street bunk beds nice towels pool was heated mini fridge and microwave sister property lounge chairs hotel guests location is great pool service flights of stairs first floor park the car small kitchenette the jersey shore
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Nothing could be better than relaxing at the Beach Shack for casual drinks and dinner near the firepit/Rusty Nail after enjoying a day steps away on the beautiful beach. Enjoyed beach lunch service and Rusty Mary's that were superb. Spent five days there in August for the third year in a row and fully enjoyed. Also great high end restaurants nearby like 410 Bank Street and the Washington Inn to enjoy! Cape May is a special place and if you are looking to just kick back and relax with your spouse and kids try the Beach Shack.

Room tip: I prefer rooms near the Rusty Nail versus near the pool. Better ambience.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and although the sectional sofa and bed were extremely comfortable I felt the bedroom also should have had a TV. The only TV was in the living room. I enjoy watching TV in bed especially on vacation. Otherwise everything else was OK for a stay. Basic motel room but clean and some updating was done. Entertainment outside at the bar on weekends was great. Nice and quiet at the right time for bed. Great ocean views from most rooms. I have stayed at most of this organizations lodging in Cape May but this was not at all as special as the other places. Nice but I think the price should be lowered.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I booked this trip off the internet (Living Social),so I wasn't sure if it was as good as it sounded. Well it was so good We're going next May&/or Sept. after Labor Day!!! Do to the Hurricane We didn't go in the water very far. But the Beach Shack had a very nice pool. Our room(111) was just right for Us. Didn't want to leave. But they were still booked full on Sept.9th, so We left. Will plan on staying longer next Year. Plus the Rusty Nail was right there right outside Our door. This place was Excellent also. Family oriented&The best Shrimp Cocktails&food.We can hardly wait till I get the price list for next Year. Thank You for a much needed get away.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Great location across the street from the beach. Towel and chair service at the beach is a major plus. Parking always seems to be an issue for us at Cape Resorts (Congress Hall, Star Inn and Beach Shack). On busy weekends, there are too many cars without tags that fill up the parking lots and it's difficult to find a parking spot. Beach Shack is not for kids. The Beach Shack's Rusty Nail is more of a bar scene with so-so food than somewhere like Congress Hall which is more family oriented. The rooms require some major upgrades, especially the bathrooms.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2012

This is in an awesome location and has decent food offerings and of course "the coldest beer in Cape May". I have been going to cape may for over 30 years and have been going to the Nail for a cold one after the beach for 20 years. But ever since the whole Beach Shack change, there are kids everywhere!! It's horrible! The parents don't seem to be watching them and I thought maybe my experience was unique to that day but I went back a few times this summer and every time the outdoor area was run amuck with brats!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends