All reviewsrusty nailfire pitbeach serviceacross the streetbunk bedspool was heatedmini fridge and microwavelounge chairslocation is greatflights of stairspark the carfirst floorcan't wait to go backbeach accessrestaurants and shopsumbrellasfrisbee
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I needed to mend a broken heart and longed to see Cape May NJ. I found Beach Shack hidden like a treasure in a list of bigger places to stay...I took the chance and boy was it refreshing, the therapy I needed and the digs were super for the price. I can't wait to go back - at the same time of year - JUNE. Before the mad dash of others - it's the place to be and have the same luxury of food, entertainment, location and you can't beat the closeness of the waves on the shore. Many a photo perfect picture will result!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband & I recently stayed at the Beach Shack and it was pure delight. We arrived very early and the staff was able to accomodate us; after a long trip & very rainy morning, it was great to know we would be able to have a room immediately. The room was clean & comfortable. Beach chairs were a big plus and the location cant be beat. Although we did not spend time at the Rusty Nail, the atmosphere & ambience seemed pretty chill. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors provide better views to the beach & The Rusty Nail
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank molina3770
Reviewed 29 June 2012

First, the name Beach Shack is right on target, in a good way.

We were very comfortable in the 2 bedroom room, which gave us some privacy from the kids, but note that the kids had to come through our room to get to the bathroom. Still, it was way better than having to get two rooms like we do a lot of the time.

The location is great. Right across from the beach and a pretty little walk to the pedestrian street.

Ironically, we were so intent at getting out and about for dinner that we passed up the Shack's Rusty Nail only to fine on our return that it was far and away the busiest and happiest spot in town. So we had dessert there under the stars, around the fire pit.

During the day we loved getting the provided beach loungers, towels and umbrellas and happily ate from the beach menu. We were very a little embarrassed that the live music from the Beach Shack was so loud that the thumpa-thumpa could be heard up and down the beach. Seems like it provided a small benefit to a small number of people and a detriment to a large number of people so the Beach Shack might want to rethink at least the volume on that particular perk.

1  Thank ElectricalEngineer
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The staff killed us with kindness! Every morning we watched dozens of people cleaning the outdoor eating area and fire-pit chairs. Everything is very clean. As soon as you enter the beach, they get you an umbrella and lounge chair.....even something to eat if you want! We watched the entertainment every night from our 3rd floor balcony above the fire-pit. It was a very relaxing vacation and we can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: The third floor, over-looking the fire pit, is a wonderful view of the entertainment at night. You don't even have to leave your balcony!
1  Thank Connie R
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I was very dissappointed when I first entered my room. It was absolutly filthy, no amentities and it smelled. However, when I did complain the staff was extremly accomodating and they moved my room. My new room was a big improvement however it still felt like a cheap motel. I guess you get what you pay for. All in all we did have a great vacation and the beach staff were great. They set up our chairs with towels and umbrellas quickely and helped throughout the day. The location was great and the Rusty Nail resturant was a perfect set up and it made you feel like you were in a resort. If you do not plan on staying in the room, this place was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor so that you have a better view. Keep in mind there are no elevators