All reviews across the street pool and hot tub royal suite ocean view breezeway room my husband and i full kitchen living room office staff shared balcony within walking distance nice pool we've stayed room was spotless the jersey shore few blocks many years
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Nice place, nice staff, The Jacuzzi was kinda weak, i like the pool, refrigerator in room, ice available, over priced, but over all, not really my style, the bar restaurants were a bit too old, smelly, and just plain funky! Cape May in general is not for me.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I have thoroughly enjoyed several stays at Sea Crest Motor Inn. The lovely suites are comfortable and spotless with relaxing balconies to enjoy breakfast or an ocean view. Sea Crest is directly across the street from the ocean, close to shops and restaurants, a short trip to Cape May lighthouse and nature preserve. I have gone para sailing and loved the salt marsh safari trip from Cape May marina.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank nancydkgarden
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Fine, if you don’t mind being stalked by the staff. And treated like your not welcome. I heard the owner telling his cleaning staff to “watch us” like we were going to do something bad. Or damage the room. I’m an engineer with an extensive education. I was treated horribly. Rooms are way overpriced and horribly decorated.

Room Tip: Go to different hotel for good room
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jdwhitman
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Sea Crest is a classic older motel that has been well maintained and updated. The rooms are very clean and the staff is friendly. The location is ideal being across the street from the beach and short walking distance to many good restaurants and the Mall. We were in a suite, which was equipped well enough for the two of us. More people would have been a problem due to limited furniture (one sofa and a table with two chairs). We weren't doing any cooking, but in looking around, I'd recommend brings most of your own pots and pans if you plan on making serious meals.
My one complaint mirrors many other reviews namely that smoking is allowed on the shared balcony. All it took was for one person to light up and everyone else in the entire place smelled it on their balcony. I spoke to the owner about the smoking issue and he explained that he keeps the policy of allowing smoking on the balconies because he has a lot of long-time regular customers that smoke and he doesn't want to upset them. I thought that argument went away after smoking was outlawed in bars and restaurants and their revenue went up. Like I said, this is an older, privately owned motel, so the owner can keep his smoking policy if he wants to, but I think he may be loosing more business than he's keeping.

Room Tip: For an unobstructed view of the beach & ocean, choose a room on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Reasonable, near beach, 1 mile from center of town, 1 1/2 mile walk on beach from lighthouse. Friendly staff. Clean rooms, reasonable prices for off season. Kitchenettes available. Updated rooms, quiet

Room Tip: You can get ocean views with balcony. We don't in order to save money
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple