“Fantastic Weekend”
Review of King's Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
King's Cottage
Ranked #33 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Weekend”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and I spent the past weekend celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at The Kings Cottage. We had a fantastic time, and were very happy with all of our accomodations. Our room was decorated very nicely, with a great deck that had a beautiful view of the ocean! We couldn't have asked for anything more. The owners were both very friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. You just can't beat the location of this B&B which is literally steps from the ocean. All the rooms have their own bathrooms, and there was even a small refrigerator outside our room to keep drinks cold. Barbara and Roseanne truly have a special place. I also will now be growing my own mint thanks to Barbara!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank banerbunch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
penndel
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We just got back from a wonderful stay at the Kings Cottage. This was not our first stay as we have been coming here for the last 6 to 7 years. We've stayed at a few other b&b's and we want to experience more but we always decide to come here. The innkeepers are just three of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. From the moment you get there till the moment you leave, they are always friendly and very accommodating.
The rooms are very nice (we've stayed in all but two) and very clean. My wife and I are fanatical about cleanliness so that's real important to us. The breakfast is always very good and there is always something different so no matter what you like you can usually find something satisfying. The innkeepers are also very knowledgable about the history of Cape May and also where to dine and be entertained. I could go on and on but the bottom line is I've stayed at the King's Cottage probably 12 to 13 times over the past 7 years and I have never been disappointed. Can't wait to go back.!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PenndelChris
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I decided to stay here at the last minute and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only room that was left was the most inexpensive room. Each room has its own bathroom, which is very nice and also very rare in the older B&B's in this area. The whole place was very charming and the neighborhood is excellent. It is central to all of the shopping, restaurants and the beach. I loved having breakfast on the veranda. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys staying in old Victorian B&B's.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank webz512
vestal, New York, USA
Reviewed 13 August 2010

When my wife and I wanted to visit Cape May again on our way to North Carolina, I wanted a nice and inexpensive place to stay for a few nights. I wanted a great location, view of the ocean, walking distance to the nightlife and a great place to stay but I needed a great price.
I knew this was going to be a tough call since I wanted it all during August. So I turned to Google Maps and crawled around the map view and found this Bed and Breakfast with it's phone number. The location was great and I always wanted to try a B&B rather than our normal hotels there. I called and the rest is history.
It was a great stay for a GREAT PRICE!!!! I got it all!! Location across the street from the beach, a few steps from the night life around the block, bike rental across the street, a victorian with front porch to hang out on, a shower out back to get my sand off and I loved the bust in the stairway up to my room.
We stayed in Room 10 and it is a great value for folks like us on a budget!
Location, Location, Location

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindatomaras
Lancaster,PA
Reviewed 24 June 2010

My husband and I set off to escape our busy farm life, and just soak in the waves of the ocean and the town of Cape May. I must begin here by saying that I read some reviews that were a bit disturbing about the King's Cottage, but spoke to the inn keeper and felt reassured that we would be satisfied. I must say that the negative reviews, in our opinion, were decidedly unfounded.
We stayed in room 2, which had a very comfortable bed, plenty of chairs...a futon on with 2 wicker chairs in the indoor veranda, and 2 wicker chairs in the outdoor veranda. The view from these nooks was so beautiful and relaxing, with the beach so close, and the sea breeze casting it's spell on us. Even though the inn is undergoing some repairs (on going repairs are typical of any house of this age), it was a great value...making Cape May not just for the rich and famous, of which we are not! Well, we actually are rich, in that we could stay in such a place and find peace and rest for our overworked selves. We will return again, and probably even this year...and hopefully stay in the very same room. But for your further information, I did get a chance to peek into several other rooms, all of which seemed very clean and inviting. Thank you Rose Ann for your recommendation to go to Sunset Beach for the Flag ceremony...it was quite moving. And thank you Barbara for your friendly and positive disposition.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple