“A gorgeous victorian bed and breeakfast with every appointment and charming hostess.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windward House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Windward House
Ranked #22 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Windward House in Cape May for a long weekend. We spent the weekend with my college roommate and his wife. The home is a treasure house of victorian bric-a-brac and is lovely. Everything is first class. The outside porches are lovely, the furniture is lovely, the artwork is lovely, the beds are most comfortable, and the breakfasts were outstanding. The owner, Sandy Miller, has paid attention to every detail. It was a wonderful experience and we certainly plan to return again next year.
David and Virginia Spencer

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cabin John, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

We stayed in the Renaissance Room, which actually faces the front of the house. With people walking in and out, I felt like they could see me through the lace-covered windows. I checked outside and while you couldn't see in during the day, I was very uncomfortable to change clothes and at night I am sure that people could see in. Also the shower was tiny. Maybe I would feel differently if I had stayed in another room. The location was great and we loved visiting Cape May, but we would try a different place next time. We also didn't eat the breakfast since they wanted to serve it too early and was more continental style. We LOVED the Mad Batter - right across the street, and ate there for two meals.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank courtellen
star24CapeMay_N_J_, Owner at Windward House, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
This reviewer only stayed with us one night, yet made it sound like they had to have 2 breakfasts out because our breakfast was too early. We serve a full homemade breakfast (not continental) every day from 8:45 until approximately 10:30 - is that too early? If they were so unhappy with the room they should have said something, but they said nothing. We had 3 other rooms available and would have gladly moved them or refunded their money. Wouldn't it have been more fair to let us correct the problem first. The Renaissance Room is repeatedly requested by return guests, and has both full window shades as well as privacy curtains. It is requested for 2 reasons - it is our smallest but cheapest room or because people want a first floor room ( many do). Why did these people take 5 months to post the review? A reputable company that I travel with will only accept one month old reviews - they feel that longer than that makes it less accurate.
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2010

Staying at the Windward House was great because the setting was perfect for relaxing and enjoying Cape May! The location is feet away from the best shopping and eating. Perfect for walking a block or two to the beach. It is located perfectly! THe porch is simply the best place on earth the sit and watch the world go by. It is the best of everything.

I found the B&B itself very clean, the staff friendly and helpful, the place is like a comfy home that welcomes you. The breakfasts were delicious and the Sunday morning french toast thing was to die for!

If you appreciate interesting Victorian architecture, this place fits the bill and is a historic gem. You will never experience anything like this anywhere. I HIGHLY recommend trying it. I have also stayed at the hotel/motels right on the beach, and I found it gross, small, and just a waste of money ( I forgot the name of it, but it was attached to a liquor store, I guess I should have known better!). So I will be returning the the Windward House, where I know I get what I pay for, and wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

My wife and I have been coming to Cape May for 12 years now. Cape May is our "happy place". It's where we go to rest, relax and leave all the stress of life behind. We have stayed at several beautiful B&B's over the years but by far our favorite is the Windward House. The house is beautiful, both inside and out. I always say that walking inside is like walking into a museum! The place is immaculately decorated in the Victorian motif with artifacts, paintings, photographs and several figurine collections throughout the house.

There are 9 rooms to choose from and deciding which one to stay in is never an easy decision because they are all so beautiful. You want to stay in them all. I cannot say enough about the rooms but the Windward House is much more than the the rooms.

The owner, Sandy Miller is a very pleasant person and a gracious host. She is always happy to stop and chat with you about Cape May, the local restaurants, places to visit or anything else you want to talk about. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Sandy and or her staff prepare a wonderful and different breakfast every morning. We enjoy the breakfast at Windward House more than any other B&B we have stayed at. The "Decadent French Toast" is extraordinary!

Windward House is centrally located on Jackson Street in the heart of Cape May. It is literally a half block from the ocean in one direction and a half block from the Washington Street Mall in the other direction. The mall is the heart of the town.

I highly recommend Windward House and if you go, tell Sandy that Pat & Tony say hello and we will be back soon!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajsvoyager
Clarksburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Just got back from a wonderful stay at the Windward House for three nights with my wife and two daughters. It was our first stay at a Cape May B&B, and I have to say that we were not disappointed! Windward house is lovely, as my photos will attest. Everything is beautiful and well maintained, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and hostess Sandy is most gracious and delightful! The breakfast, while not gourmet, was plentiful, delicious and homemade, with enough variety to suite most fussy eaters. Sandy supplies off-site parking, quality beach chairs and towels, and beach passes. Windward House is located on historic Jackson Street which I feel is quite an advantage being so close to the beach, shops, restaurants, and the pedestrian mall. Sitting on the comfy wicker porch furniture in the evening, watching the people meander along by gaslight, feeling the cool ocean breezes and hearing the horse carriages clip-clop by, you are almost transported back to another era. Which is exactly why I came to Cape May and the Windward House, and why I can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family