All reviewsroom was cleanwedding partyunder renovationstaff was very friendlyflat screenearly checknew jerseyamandanjballroomgentleman
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed overnight on a business trip. Check-in/out was smooth. Rooms were comfortable. Wi-Fi worked. In the small fitness room, neither of the two treadmills nor the elliptical machine were functional. It didn't look like they had been operational for quite some time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2016

Dear David M,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a short review. I am glad that your check- in and out experience went smooth and that you found our rooms comfortable. However, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the condition of the fitness equipment. I have forwarded your feedback to our hotel management to work on these points raised in your review to give you the best hotel experience in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope you visit us again.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

This is a nice Holiday Inn but lacks the amenities of larger chains. Bed was comfortable. Too few outlets for all the electrical devices. Chairs were uncomfortable. The printer in the business center didn't work so the front desk had to print my boarding passes. Sink did not drain and appeared clogged.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear jekcpa,

Thanks for staying with us and for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear that you appreciated our comfortable bed. I sincerely apologize for any maintenance defects that you have highlighted in your room, particularly with the electrical outlets, chair condition, sink drainage and printer at the business center. Your comments are really valuable to us as they really do guide us and help us to improve ourselves where we can.

I appreciate your feedback as it will be shared in order to avoid a similar experience as it is our goal to provide excellent service to all our guests. Again, thank you and we hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I stayed in this hotel for two days in August whilst on a work trip. I had travelled over from Scotland and once I was in my room I realised I had forgotten to pack the power cable for my laptop. I was in town to run a two day seminar so not having laptop power was going to be a serious issue. I mentioned this to the gentleman (Mark) who brought my dinner to my room and he sorted this out for me. He went way above and beyond the call of duty and arranged for a friend of his to drive to the mall (I had not car) to buy one for me. I can't thank him enough. :)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Our flight home from the Newark Airport got cancelled, and it seemed that many airport hotels were booked completely. I gave up trying to find a hotel for 4 people, and decided to look further out. This one came up after booking via Hotwire. We got a rental car, and drove on our way. This hotel is off the main freeway, but isn't really near a whole lot. To get to restaurants, you've got to drive a ways. The front desk staff was generally nice, though a bit less friendly than some. When we got to the room, though, there was the oddest smell. It was musty, to say the least, and it was rather strong. It seemed very damp in the room, and as I walked on the floor, my socks would get somewhat wet. When I woke up in the morning, I actually felt like the bedding was wet! I'm not sure why, but it was very odd. I'm not sure I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear gittinsj,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, NJ. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your high rating in service and sleep quality.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room condition and the dampness. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

The hotel facilities and rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The pool and exercise room are well kept. We ordered food from the restaurant and it was delivered on time. The food portions were good but they forgot to put cover in the mustard cup and it spilled all over the plate.
The hotel is located in a corporate and very quiet area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family