All reviews rooftop pool free shuttle atlantic city on demand fire station one bedroom unit shuttle service two blocks small kitchen jersey shore minute ride powder room daily towel parking deck stove top brigantine island flat screen
Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

I have never been to Brigantine before. It's a lovely beach town.I stayed at Fantasea with time share points.The hotel was clean and well run. The room was clean and stocked with necessities.It is two blocks from a beautiful beach.There is a tiny rooftop pool, basically to sit in and cool off, but the rooftop space offered lovely views.I would stay again.

2  Thank NewYorkMags
Reviewed 17 September 2014

Myself and 5 other women had a girls weekend in Atlantic City on Friday, September 12, 2014. I used points from my Time Share to stay here and it was the best points I have used all year. I was upgraded from two studios to a two bedroom suite which was wonderful. Nice and spacious, jacuzzi and Sauna in the Master Bedroom. Phyliss, the property manager, was great and made sure that our girls weekend was top notch. Nice restaurants, convenient store and boutique within walking distance. Our taxi driver Phil and Marty were fantastic. We all loved it and will definately go back.

Room tip: Have some singles, tips were very appreciated.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jacqueline C
Reviewed 11 September 2014

This resort is located in close proximity to AC and is right by the beach. I like it because it has a town feel to it and a short ride away is the hustle and bustle of AC. They offer a free shuttle to 2 AC casinos, which is a plus. The rooms are decent..there is a small gym and pool above the hotel. It's close to restaurants and the beach is a short walk. Good for a weekend getaway if you want to relax. My only complaint is the AC/heat units are loud.

Room tip: I suggest you call a week in advance to put in your room request..Especially if you would like a balcony.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dnice007
Reviewed 1 September 2014

For those of you who read my reviews, know that I am fair and do not write bad reviews unless it is necessary. Checking in experienced at 11PM Sunday Aug 30 gave us mixed feelings. We were greeted by two gentlemen. The first gentleman was short and abrupt, the second (Ron) was a delight. Which is what we needed. While the first gentleman told us there was an additional $300 deposit, Ron told us there was a $100 deposit. Neither was an issue to us.

Please Note: Upon checking in, we were told this was a timeshare...we paid over $400 for one night only because we were exhausted, needed a place to stay and there wasn't anything else available. The accommodations were a home away from home, comfortable and clean. The location was a block and a half away from Brigantine Beach.

Upon checking out, I asked for some kind of receipt and was told I could only get that from Expedia, which was absolutely fine.

However, I recall upon checking in signing a some kind of "document" in regards to our stay. I called today and spoke to a woman, and simply asked for a copy of it to my email to me. I made the mistake of referring to it as a "contract". She questioned the word "contract". I said "I'm not sure what is the terminology that you use at your front desk, but its a paper I signed when I gave Ron my credit card and ID". She proceeded to explain the policy of the reimbursement of the deposit. It was very lengthy, I interrupted her and told her I was aware of the deposit policy and did not questioned that. I simply would like to get a copy of what I signed. She yelled at me and told me not to interrupt her. She proceeded to explain the deposit policy again, I asked for her name. She said if I interrupted her again she would "hang up" on me. At that point I told her she was being rude and I wanted to speak to a manager. She said she will hang up on me and I can call back during the week and speak to a manager then. I told her that was fine, I asked her for her name one more time and she hung up. I called back again and no one answer the phone.

This is very sad, we really enjoyed the resort and discussed possibly buying a timeshare there. This is only a few minutes away from Atlantic City and its in a beautiful beach town.

May I add our experience started with one of the gentlemen (not Ron) questioning why was my last name Italian...I explained that I am of Puerto Rican decent and our ancestors are from all over Europe & Africa.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank NYCFamilyOf3
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The reason for my rating is based on a very disappointing experience at this resort and a recommendation to other vacationers to obtain written guarantee of a booked room's specific set-up and amenities. This is especially important if a balcony room is desired and part of what you are paying for as this resort's rooms are high priced in the summer months and mine was not worth the price based on what was expected versus what I received. Also, check to see if the overly sensitive fire alarm system has been fixed. If not, keep your exercise shoes on!!

Love the area, as Brigantine NJ is a beautiful, family-oriented seaside town with lovely, clean beaches (beach tags needed but the resort does run out so you may have to buy them yourself on the beach for a day if this happens as there are life guards checking). The resort lists a roof-top pool as an amenity but it is VERY small, low depth with a in water seating slab and I would consider it more of an enlarged soaking tub....very disappointing. There is a small, exercise room on the main floor which is nice. A good pizza place, bagel/sub shop and an small eat-in or take-out seafood (fresh and delicious) shack is in walking distance. Having a frig and functional kitchen makes eating-in an option if desired. A small local grocery is in walking distance and larger supermarket is a short drive away. If evening entertainment is desired, Atlantic City Casinos, their shows, restaurants, etc. are a short drive away by car, resort shuttle or cab. The resort rooms are clean and nicely decorated and the "majority" of the staff are friendly. My poor rating is based on a couple of unfortunate events and the attitude of the resort manager in addressing them. The online description of the one bedroom suite I reserved "included" a balcony. I could have reserved room at Harrahs with a beautiful view for less than half the price of the La Sammana Resort one bedroom but I really want the balcony and the ability to sit-out and relax on it. On entering the room after check-in, I learned that not only didn't I have a balcony but my room was at the front end of the resort in the corner of the building facing the main street in Brigantine directly across from the town's fire department. I immediately whet down to the front desk and requested that I be switched to the room I book with the balcony. I was told that only some, not all, one bedrooms had balconys and that getting one was NOT guaranteed. I asked to speak to the resort manager, she told me there were no balcony rooms left, would not reduce the room price given I wasn't getting what I paid for and also told me I'd loose one day's room rate if I left early/cancelled the remainder of my booking. She didn't even apologize for the situation but rather took a "take-it or leave-it attitude". This location is also a timeshare resort and I later learned from one of the "nice" staff members that the manager caters to the timeshare residents over outside hotel room bookings. Frustrated, upset and very tired after my 4 1/2 hour drive to the resort, I returned to my disappointing room. Within an hour, the fire alarms in the resort go off and everyone must evacuate. The fire truck across the street from my room comes over with lights flashing and sirens blaring as I and all other guests stand on the sidewalk in the hot sun wondering what was happening...obviously I was having the great, relaxing mini-vacation I so badly needed!! After a little over 30 minutes we were let back in. Apparently someone burnt their popcorn in the microwave and this set off the overly sensitive alarms. Next, I decide to go to the beach, stopped at the desk for a tag and I'm told they were all given out. When asked what to do, the staff member told me to take my chances that the beach tag patrole wouldn't see me without one so maybe I wouldn't have to pay (more frustration). Went to the beach, purchased a day tag and finally relaxed. At this point, I resigned myself to dealing with the disappointment and focused on enjoying other aspects of the beautiful Jersey Shore. Unfortunately, the fire alarm issue reoccurred the next day, I and the other guests had the pleasure of waiting outside for 45 minutes. This time, I happened to get the chance to speak to a family who owned one of the timeshare units. According to them, the overly sensitive smoke alarms going off is a regular occurrence, one that they expect to experience at least 2-3 times on each week-long vacation they have at the La Sammana each year. Couple this with walking down the stairs from the top floor and it becomes an unplanned exercise routine. What a fun amenity and a disgraceful misuse of the local firefighters precious time!! This second false alarm was triggered by a guest taking an extended steam bath. The resort manager never once apologized to guests as we piled back in after getting the "All Clear" from the very gracious and professional firemen who did apologize for the inconvenience and wished us all an enjoyable day. Supposedly, the resort is working on "fixing" the overly sensitive alarm issue but according to the timeshare owners this has been set for adjustment for a few years now. By the end of my stay, I had the chance to "enjoy" the flashing lights and sirens of the fire truck 2 more times from my "peaceful vacation room" as they raced off to other locations on the island.

I will continue to seek my relaxing getaways at beautiful Brigantine but I will be staying at one of the other area resorts for short stays and arranging private rentals through the local realtor for longer ones.

Room tip: Double check and get in writing, if possible, the specifics of the room you are expecting especially if you want a room with a balcony. Also ask for a room that faces the back of the building not the front main street. If you do get a room that faces the front main street, make sure it is not directly across from the fire department building if you want to avoid flashing lights and sirens especially at night.
Date of stay: August 2013