“New Owners. Same great food and service.”
Review of Simko's Grill - CLOSED

Simko's Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I have been going to Simko's for years. If you go any place often enough, you are bound to hit an off night. Blame human error. Over all, it is my go to place for a quick lunch. It is an old building. I can remember dancing there as a kid. I usually find something on their lunch special menu that is satisfying. The portions are just enough but well balanced and I never walk away hungry. The vegs are steamed correctly and help to add bulk to the belly. The staff is usually rushed but I like that. No BS, just quick service.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Sat. Night . Lively crowd . Seated immediately, but chose to sit at bar . Wide selection of ,dinners, burgers ,sandwich hes,apps

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This place was not our first choice. We settled for it because the other two restaurants we tried were packed. It was pretty empty considering it was 6:00 on a Saturday evening.

We started with the tuna app. It was decent. Then the stuffed mushrooms. Terrible. 98% stuffing. We pulled the stuffing apart and found only a few pieces of crab. The plating was also very boring. So disappointing.

As a result, we were afraid to go with an entree so I played it safe with the Caesar salad. DH got the linguini with clams. Both were good, but not what we were in the mood for.

Sorry, but we won't be back. With so many other great choices in the area, why would we? Step-up your game, Simko.

1  Thank Suzette C
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We come here quite often and decided to bring our friends here for restaurant week. It was a Sunday evening and there was a decent crowd. There are 4 of us at the table and our server brings us one glass of water and tells us he will be back. That was about 10 minutes later. We order our drinks and waited a while for him to return to place our order. We had to ask for the bread and he kept saying it was in the oven. I could have baked it myself and had it quicker. The meal also took very long to come out and he said they were backed up in the kitchen. A different person took our dessert order and we were not sure what happened to our original waiter. He finally reappeared when it came time for the check. I will say, our tip reflected our poor service. We were very disappointed and our friends were not happy either.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We went to dinner approximately 6 p.m. on a Monday the place was fairly empty that should have been our first clue when one block away is another restaurant and it was packed. Upon entering the restaurant look nice the menu choices were fabulous the food was very good. The waitress we had was pleasant it took forever for us to get our food we got our appetizer quickly and then waited 20 minutes for our salad then another 15 minutes passes until we got our entree. We notice the waitress would deliver a course to us and either get lost or sit on the other side of the restaurant which was divided by plants. She never asked us if our meal was okay she forgot things constantly like extra lemon with the seafood refill drinks Etc even if the wait staff was the caliber of a diner we would frequent this place all the time but we will not be back and that is a shame