Don't let the title of this review scare you! This property is exactly as the name suggests - an oceanfront motel. This motel was the lesser expensive one of two selected by the bride and groom of the wedding we went to attend. We chose it because the other property had a two-night minimium, and we could only stay for one.
The motel is located about 8 miles south as you enter LBI, and yes, right on the beach. It's the kind of place that when you pull in you say 'hmmmmm'. But as soon as you enter, you can tell that the caring owners have really put in time, sweat, and money to keep this motel up-to-date. It looked like a family run business. Our room had the typical 'sea side smell' which quickly dissipated. It had a new ceiling, new carpet and a totally updated bathroom - although a little small. My wife remarked that there was no hair dryer or safe - but I found wifi! There was a small refrigerator. Although we did not go swimming, the large pool looked very clean and felt nice and warm. Had we stayed longer, I'm sure the location would have won us over!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are oceanfront in the heart of Beach Haven. Our oceanfront rooms each have a private balcony. Our standard rooms and suites overlook the pool. We are a quiet, family and couples oriented motel. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Coral Seas Oceanfront Hotel Beach Haven
- Hotel Coral Seas Oceanfront
- Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel Beach Haven, NJ - Long Beach Island