All reviews beach badges chairs and umbrellas nice stay seaside heights nj georgette boardwalk
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. It's right next to the beach in Bay Head, which is a lovely beach town. It was not fancy by any means but it was clean and comfortable with the bonus of a nice continental breakfast every morning. They also provided chairs, towels and beach tags for everyone in our party. The street parking was free and abundant right outside the hotel. We also had dinner there one night and the food was really good. I liked the eclectic charm of the place and the laid back atmosphere. The staff were also friendly and helpful. I think it is great value for staying so close to the beach. I'll be back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank elizabeth h
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Went to the Sunday brunch today for father's day. It was absolutely the worse dining experience I ever had in my life!!! I should have known when I saw plenty of parking spaces in front of the place and only a few tables of other disappointed patrons. Food that should have been hot was sitting on the porch in chafing pans cold, sternos off. An omelet station with no one behind it to make you anything! A large ham sitting there with no one to cut it! Ruined my plans anticipating a nice father's day meal with my family. Heed this warning and don't waste your time on this place! I wish i read the reviews before I went.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

The Grenville was always looked at, as a charming "special occasion" place to go to. Now it has definitely lost its charm and quality. When you walk up, the grounds are not taken care of and paint is chipping from the building. We ate at the restaurant. They repainted the dining room which looked better than the brown colors they use to have.(which were awful) Now it just has colors that really don't go together and lost its cute Victorian charm. The dinning room a long time ago had nice pastel colors and was bright and airy which went with the Victorian style beach house. There was only two other tables sat. We ordered the crab avocado tower with grilled shrimp. It was disgusting. It was warm, which is suppose to be cool or room temperature. The avocado seemed as if it came from a package and the crab was drenched with mayo and was watery. For our dinners I got the pork loin that was sliced thin and was dry. The pear reduction on the pork had a nice flavor and the mashed potatoes were good. My husband got a special a Cajun ribeye that came out raw. Besides that it had a Cajun rub on it which was very good. The food was way too expensive for the quality of food they served. Nothing seemed fresh. The waiter was nice but not very professional, when he filled up water from the pitcher he had he placed the pitcher on an empty table next to us. He also left the bag on the table that we brought wine in and took our forks but never replaced them for dinner. He came back to check on us with food in his mouth. It was disappointing seeing the Grenville in this state and how the food quality went way down hill. I would not recommend going here to eat.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Danielle L
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

These pictures will tell it all. Upon entry you'll see what looks like a curbside sofa, greeting you in the lobby/foyer.

Bay Head is a very nice shore town in NJ that deserves a WAY better representation than this. After checking into our freezing cold room (no heater!) we saw the "dump" we were expected to stay in. The only reason we remained at the Inn and asked for a new room was because we had dinner reservations in less than 2 hours and still had to get ready! The sofas in the rooms are actually futons! And the bedding looks like it came from Woolworth 20 years ago. The dresser door is literally hanging crooked off its hinges and I don't even want to know what the schmear on the wall is in the last photo.

The second room we got was smaller and slightly cleaner, but equally in need of repairs and updates. I'm still in such shock that this place books up.

Pics are from both rooms.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
14  Thank stephanie d
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel, clean comfy and extremely wonderful staff! It had a home away from home feel. Being only a block from the beach certainly added to the charm. They are currently undergoing minor renovations that I think will only add more to this hotel. Excited for my return back!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bags83
grenville3100, Manager at The Grenville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thank you for your stay we are trying hard to redo the complete building both inside and out and do appreciate your staying with us.

Sincerely