My wife and I stayed here over a weekend recently...the weekend that the freak snow storm hit. Kudos to the staff...with power out they managed to provide box dinners, glowsticks and a cold breakfast buffet that was just fine, all the while maintaining a great and patient attitude at the front desk. This is a fine old inn, with comfortable rooms and plenty of nooks to relax in if that's what you want. I imagine it would be serene on weekdays, but this property clearly caters to weddings on weekends, and so getting a good night's sleep is pretty much off the table, as raucous drunks rule the night. I give it an average rating of 4, with a high of 5 if there were no drunks, and a 3 as it was for us. My only other gripe would be the high charge for room internet connection, although there is a station on one of the hidden nooks where free access is available. The wait might be a tad long though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olde Mill Inn, a picturesque American Country Inn, welcomes a new generation of guests with its heritage of warmth and hospitality dating back to the Revolutionary War. Nestled in the rolling landscape of New Jersey's Somerset Hills, The Olde Mill Inn provides Inn Style elegance in weddings, meetings, dining, and overnight accommodations. At the Grain House Restaurant, experience the historic ambiance while savoring the tastes of today. Open for Lunch & Dinner Daily, Saturday à la Carte Brunch and Sunday Brunch Buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Olde Mill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Olde Mill Hotel Basking Ridge
- Olde Mill Hotel And Grain