Lost River Valley Campground
US$ 139
US$ 114
Autumn Breeze Motor Lodge(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
Inn 32(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
Hotels.com
US$ 140
US$ 271
US$ 141
US$ 131
Riverbank Motel and Cabins(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
US$ 72
The Lodge at Lincoln Station Resort(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
US$ 130
White Mountain Motel and Cottages(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
The Kancamagus Lodge(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
US$ 108
All reviewsquiet hourscamp storehear carstent sitesbathrooms were cleanwhite mountainsthe loopprior to our arrivalfellow camperscamping experiencefamily traditionfront officewoodstock breweryclarks trading postplenty of hot watershort drivenight stay
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I reserved two tent sites for the mandatory 3 days for $192.00. When I arrived, I let them know how many people would be on the two sites and they said they would refund $48, however I would have to spend the refund in their camp store. We arrived at our sites to find that one of the sites, wasn't really a camp site, but where people turn around when they drive past the campground. I could throw a stone from the "site" to the major highway that runs in front of the place. When we looked at the 2nd site , we could'nt hear each other because of the proximity to the road and the numerous large trucks driving by. We had a 3 year old and a dog with us. I was frightened someone would get injured if they stayed at either site. When I spoke to the person on the phone they sold us a beautiful spot on the beach front with the river running at both sides and what was there was a parking lot with a fire ring and picnic table next to the highway. I opted to find another site for the weekend and lose the money from this dump.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Brandy R
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Wish I was able to connect personally with owner while we were in town.
We checked into the campground this past weekend into site 20T which was listed as a "primitive camp site."
Upon checking in-prior to seeing our site, my husband asked (due to the rain expected during this particular weekend) if any of the water sites were available due to cancellations etc. We were willing to upgrade and pay the extra money for one if so. One of the women behind the desk said "oh yeah we have a few but we don't know which ones they are yet" and as she is saying this, one of the other women literally cut her off and said "We're Sold Out." She then gives us our tag for the rear view mirror of our truck and shows us where our site 20T is on the map-and shows us where 19T is also located....and then says to us "you're going to end up being great friends with them in 19T"....what?? (Here I am still thinking that our campsite is across the street looking at how the map is laid out...)
Moving on....we get to our site and low and behold we are literally sharing our site with another family once they check in...folks, these two sites should be made into one site, because we were literally right on top of them-with ZERO privacy. The only thing that actually classified this site as being two is having two fire pits and two picnic benches. Husband sees my face and he's feeling the same way and says to me "we'll make the best of this." (Thankfully and ultimately the 19T campers never showed.) The camp map visually shows 20T and 19T as being not only across the St from each other, but also that the street is directed away from the highway-not parallel with it. The highway is approx 20 feet above you in that site. Not the type of camping we were expecting. Don't expect to sleep in past 6AM if you rent this site unless you are from the city and cars buzzing by your head does not bother you.
After setting up our site...we walked around the campground around 7-8PM.....there were many sites available along the water...not only this..I was told I could not bring my dog with us camping (bully breed) yet we got to witness a bully breed dog barking... tied up to a tree by new campers setting up their tent?? How did he get into the campground? Not a fan of these places being prejudiced against certain "aggressive breeds" as it is so we almost didn't camp here in the first place.
Back to our site...Traffic slows down during the night, but you are up by 6:00AM unless you want to listen to that traffic that starts between 6-6:30AM. We settle in-first night. Getting ready for bed, brushing our teeth around 10:30....a golf cart comes whizzing into our site. (Or maybe they thought that 19T was acceptable to be sitting there in the dark)...husband directs a flashlight over to the golf cart to see who it is; "is there a problem" she says to us?. Um, nope...just brushing our teeth getting ready for bed.
Next day-pouring rain, no golf carts. Beer Tasting was a blast at Woodstock Brewery, downtown was a blast, walking around the various falls was a blast. Sunday morning, golf cart pulls up...seems like a nice guy....starts looking around...then leaves....an hour later, another golf cart pulls up again-I think it's the same guy-and we are not due to check out until the next morning......sticks around for a minute and leaves....all of this while we were getting dressed, packing to leave a day early....I don't know what is happening at this campground but we are not coming back. Very creepy with the golf carts and driving into sites. Constantly felt like we were being watched. Never experienced this before at any other campground. At others, I have seen carts drive through and even stop to say hello, but never driving in and stopping for a few.
Positives here: Bathrooms were very clean, Showers were nice and hot and you don't have to pay a ton to actually take one. Lots of local things to do...various site options throughout the campground/wooded to roadside.

Room Tip: If tenting, as for in the 100's Best sites. Ask for details of site location and privacy
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KScibi
Jim K, Owner at Lost River Valley Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

First of all I am sorry that you had a bad experience here. We try our best to make everyone happy, but it is unfortunate we cannot always. The reason we cannot upgrade you to a site even though the site is empty is because the sites are reserved and paid for for three nights. We cannot let someone else have that site because that person might show up even on the last night they reserved. If they called and let us know they were not coming we would let you have the site, but since they know they will not be refunded they just do not let us know. As far as the breed policy it is due to insurance policy that we cannot do anything about. We are not covered by insurance if someone is hurt by one of those breeds. If someone comes with that breed we deal with it if we see it, but if we do not know then we just do not know. Sometimes that happens. If the golf cart came by at night it was security and they for some reason must have thought there was a problem and when they found out it was not they left. The carts in the morning are just coming by to see if the site is empty since they have a list of which sites are leaving. I doubt they came right into your site, but I am sure they entered the area where you were and when they saw you still there they left. The two sites are open to each other and we do explain that when we book the site. Perhaps we need to emphasis that more in the future.

Thank you for your feed back.

Jim Kelly

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stayed 4 nights during the week and had a river site. Was very close to main road but we were gone most of the day time and traffic was pretty light in evening. Loved being right on river. Bathrooms very close by and very clean. Will definately be back next year!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jim K, Owner at Lost River Valley Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

We like to keep hearing these positive responses from our guests. We appreciate you taking your time to do this. Please come back any time you have the chance.

Jim

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I had my doubts when we first set up camp. We are tent campers and there were so many RVs. I wasn't sure if that meant partying, bright lights, and noise but I was so wrong.

This was one of the quietest campgrounds I have been to. People were so respectful of the quiet hours - perhaps a testament to management.

The facilities were great - clean bathrooms with fantastic ventilation, running water at the campsite, exciting playground, and raked sites.

The location is also fantastic, minutes away from great hikes, downtown Lincoln, and other attractions.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This place was awesome.
We had the cutest little spot along the river which was quiet and semi private.

Loved the sound of the brook all day long.
The bathrooms were far from here but the location and site was worth the walk!

Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Jim K, Owner at Lost River Valley Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Can't wait to get another good review from you when you come back to see us. Hope we always meet up to your expectations.

Jim