We took a side trip to NH to check out Fall colors. So happy that we stayed at Mountain View Grand resort - such a beautiful location in mountains. When you drive up, you feel a sense of history at this place. Front desk employees and Bell staff were all very friendly and helpful. They gave us many suggestions for things to do in the area. We had a wonderful room with great views of the golf course and mountains - very comfortable room. Resort grounds are incredible.
We had dinner at the restaurant and our server, Maxwell was outstanding! Again, we mentioned it was our first time in the region and he gave great suggestions for the area. Very pleasant and great service. The food was very good and I thought the menu had a good variety. You must order the pretzels as an appetizer - excellent.
Had the breakfast buffet next morning and thought it was a great value.
We only stayed here one night but I wish we had more time as this resort is perfect for a home base after going out and doing side trips in the area. Next time we will stay at least 2 or 3 nights so you can enjoy the relaxation.
I also recommend you take the short tour of the resort that they offer in the morning - very good info on the history of the resort and the area. Highly recommend you get a room with the view of the mountains - well worth it. Will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa Whitefield, White Mountains