The Lion and the Rose Bed and Breakfast(Whitefield)(Great Value!)
US$ 141
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 164/night.

Barron Brook Inn(Whitefield)(Great Value!)
US$ 202
US$ 100
Arlington Hotel(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$ 201
US$ 195
Lancaster Motor Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$ 89
2,216 results
All reviewswine cellaraxe throwingmovie theaterfront porchthe barntavern restaurantwhite mountainsgolf coursemovie roomair hockeyturn down servicemountaineering clubfine dininggrand resortindoor poolice skatingdog sledding
Reviewed 13 November 2012

After a very taxing few weeks of not seeing much of my wife I took her on a weekend trip to Whitefield. What an amazing place! The weekend was rainy so we didn't get the full view this trip but from previous experience I can tell you, they are breath taking. The decor is what I expect from a Grand Hotel with nice (though repetitive) paintings and beautiful craftsmanship. Our room overlooked the golf course and the north side of the Presidential range of the White Mountains. We relaxed in the very nice lobby and enjoyed wine in the tavern. Then we enjoyed a delicious dinner in the tavern dining area (not fine dining so you don't need reservations). Breakfast (part of the $250 package) was a buffet with made to order omelets or waffles. I can't say breakfast was spectacular but certainly sufficient. The service was excellent!

I am a carpenter so I am not accustomed to the super lavish life. My expectations were not only met but well exceeded. I look forward to taking my wife to the Mountain View Grand Resort and Spa again.

Room Tip: A room facing south will offer spectacular views of our beautiful White Mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeffrey1072
WorldwalkerCA, General Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Dear Jeffrey1072,
We are glad you and your wife were able to enjoy a relaxing weekend away! Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. It was our pleasure to exceed your expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mountain View Grand soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Resort and grounds were beautiful. Food was excellent. Spa was clean and relaxing. However there was no spa "smell" which I always look forward to. The linens on the massage tables smelled like old oils they couldn't get out. I asked for a deep tissue massage but don't feel that's what I got. Too bad!
There are plenty of activities for adults and kids which is a good thing because other than hiking there isn't anything to do in the area. North Conway is an hour away and we spent one of the days there. We stayed here because we got a good deal from Groupon. I don't think I would stay here for full price. I would probably stay in North Conway. Overall we had a nice time and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear TerraceSnob,
Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate your feedback about the Spa and have shared your comments with our Spa Manager. Several steps are being taken in order to ensure your inconvenience with our linens is not repeated. We are happy to know you enjoyed the time you spent with us and we hope to welcome you back to the Resort at some point in the future!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed there in August with my boyfriend for a wedding. The hotel was gorgeous but I would think twice about the spa. The nail polish was right down to the bottom and gummy and the nail files were used! How many people had they used that on? I was hoping to buy skin care products and make-up (hard to find brands), but they had almost nothing on the shelf. You can't cut corners or compromise sanitary conditions and expect to keep customers. Have to say I found the staff who waited on us to be professional and very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MShep1

Dear MShep1,
Thank you for the details you have provided regarding our August stay at the Resort. I have reviewed the sanitation procedures at our Spa and can assure you that all steps are taken to provide sanitary and clean products for our guests to enjoy. I do apologize for the quantity of our skin care products being low, they were appreciated by our guests in excess of our expectations this summer and we have certainly rectified the situation. I do hope that you will be returning to the Resort in the future to enjoy the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding for our daughter and her husband. We had only about six weeks to plan, and with the help of Susannah Powel, the resort's catering manager/planner, everything went off without a hitch. We are very thankful for her imput and help. It truly was magical,with gorgeous views of the White Mountians, from the horse and carriage we arranged to pick up the Bride and Groom at the entrance of the resort following the ceremony in Lancaster, to the beautifully prepared Presidential Ballroom for cocktail hour and reception. All our guests had a wonderful time. Most importantly our daughter and son-in-law will have beautiful memories of their special day to look back on.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mountains916

Dear Mountain 916,
Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law! Thank you for your considerate review! Your glowing remarks about Susannah are appreciated and have been shared. It was our pleasure to spend such a special day with you and your family. We hope to welcome you all back to the Resort at some point in the future!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This was a beautiful resort. My wife and I spent a weekend at this resort at the end of October. Although the foliage was past peak, there was still enough to make for breathtaking views. The location of this resort is perfect. The only issue we had was with the person that checked us in. She did not seem to be as personable as I would expect of the first point of contact.

All in all a beautiful place. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sconepup,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. We hope to welcome you back to the Resort in the future!