Was worried about some reviews I saw. We stayed in the Presidential Suite. Not as big or splashy as I would have liked but great room with amazing views. Bathroom has wonderful tub and shower. Would have liked to see bath salts and robes. No mini bar in the room but a wetbar with mini fridge if you brought your own things. If you eat in the wine cellar ask for the "nook" table, it is the best. Waiter Keith was outstanding and knew the wines expertly. Regular dining room was good. Stayed 2 nights and we were getting sick of eating there. I suggest going off property to eat if you are staying a few days. Smores by campfire, some activities for the kids, indoor pool was ok, kids really liked it. Had the lavendar crush spa treatment, it was a male that gave the treatment. He was excellent- front dest spa girls could have been nicer. They didnt offer me tea but did off another guest. General service was very very good. Property requires tons of walking. Wouldnt bring my grandmother here! But we didnt mind. I cant say enough about the views. Just unreal. mt Washington right outside our windows and the entire presidential range. Plenty of game, a movie theater, barn, and more. We would go back and take the same room. Only because all other rooms are smaller. Nicely furnished, bed was confortable. Kids slept on pull out couch in front of the fireplace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa Whitefield, White Mountains