“Cruise New Hampshire Lake Winnipesaukee on the MS Mount Washington. A must for everyone!”

The M/S Mount Washington
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Weirs Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: No visit to New hampshire is complete without a cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee aboard the M/S Mount Washington. Scenic cruises on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire's largest lake depart Weirs Beach daily late May through October. The lake is surrounded by mountains and dotted with islands and offer some of the most spectacular scenery in New Hampshire. Alternating ports: Wolfeboro, Alton Bay, Meredith and Center Harbor. Breakfast, lunch and cocktails are available on board. Sunset dinner dance cruises feature buffet dinner and dancing to live music.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 8 April 2018

This is a wonderful way to spend a summer day on the lake! Decide where you want to start your cruise. You can get off and spend some extra time in Wolfeboro if you take a Weirs Beach cruise! They have special events on special days as well as evening events! Way too many to post here! Pick up a brochure at NH Info. booths or check out on-line!

1  Thank Anita M
in 11 reviews
"hour tour"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This is a must-do activity if you are in the area. Nostalgic and relaxing. Annie and the Orphans were playing - they played well and provided dancing. The food is ok- this trip is more for the ride and entertainment.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

This was a wonderful boat ride/ tour across the lake. It was nice being able to see all of the lovely lakes along the lake. What is nice is there is tables available on the boat so if you plan ahead you can pack a light lunch and have a picnic while viewing the lovely scenery. The ride is approximately 2 hours long and well worth the price! I believe you can all reserve a table for dinner for a sunset cruise which we plan to do on our next trip there. Have fun!!

1  Thank CuriousSouthernChick
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We have live in Laconia, NH for 45 years. We raised our children here. My parents took me and my four brothers on the Mount Washington 58 years ago. Marie and I rode the Mount Washington with my parents many times. Every summer we consider another ride . We take all of our friends on the boat. The trip is worth the dough. Nothing I can say or write can explain the magic of Winnipeasaukee: an Indian name sometimes interpreted as " The Breathe of the Great Spirit". So come and breathe the air and experience the magic that I have since my childhood.

1  Thank chbra
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 November 2017

My wife and I took the 2 1/2 hour cruise starting about 11 am. The process of tickets and getting onto the boat was smooth as silk. This was especially gratifying for us since my wife uses a wheelchair. The Mt Washington is a beautiful old boat with convenient facilities: food and bathrooms. The latter, in particular very accessible for my wife. The fall scenery on the shore and passing islands was very pretty and there was occasional commentary over the loudspeaker. Actually, that was the only substandard element of the trip. We were out on the weather deck and we could not make out what he was saying. On the other hand, one of the big dog crew members Bryan (I call him Bryan 'Big Hands' McBryan) was very interesting to talk with - even as busy as he was. And he was busy taking care of the ship. You got a sense this guy was very competent.