“The Wonders of Lake Winnipeasaukee”

The M/S Mount Washington
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Weirs Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: No visit to New hampshire is complete without a cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee aboard the M/S Mount Washington. Scenic cruises on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire's largest lake depart Weirs Beach daily late May through October. The lake is surrounded by mountains and dotted with islands and offer some of the most spectacular scenery in New Hampshire. Alternating ports: Wolfeboro, Alton Bay, Meredith and Center Harbor. Breakfast, lunch and cocktails are available on board. Sunset dinner dance cruises feature buffet dinner and dancing to live music.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We have live in Laconia, NH for 45 years. We raised our children here. My parents took me and my four brothers on the Mount Washington 58 years ago. Marie and I rode the Mount Washington with my parents many times. Every summer we consider another ride . We take all of our friends on the boat. The trip is worth the dough. Nothing I can say or write can explain the magic of Winnipeasaukee: an Indian name sometimes interpreted as " The Breathe of the Great Spirit". So come and breathe the air and experience the magic that I have since my childhood.

1  Thank chbra
in 6 reviews
"big lake"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 15 November 2017

My wife and I took the 2 1/2 hour cruise starting about 11 am. The process of tickets and getting onto the boat was smooth as silk. This was especially gratifying for us since my wife uses a wheelchair. The Mt Washington is a beautiful old boat with convenient facilities: food and bathrooms. The latter, in particular very accessible for my wife. The fall scenery on the shore and passing islands was very pretty and there was occasional commentary over the loudspeaker. Actually, that was the only substandard element of the trip. We were out on the weather deck and we could not make out what he was saying. On the other hand, one of the big dog crew members Bryan (I call him Bryan 'Big Hands' McBryan) was very interesting to talk with - even as busy as he was. And he was busy taking care of the ship. You got a sense this guy was very competent.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

My daughter's wedding was celebrated on board the MS Mount Washington, on October 14th. The Captain performed the ceremony prior to our lake cruise/reception. My daughter and her (now) husband, had been planning this event for almost 2 years. I don't think they could have planned a more perfect outcome!

The staff & crew of the Mount Washington, were exceptional! They were friendly, informative, and helped make perfect memories for my daughter, son-in-law, and all of the friends and family who were in attendance. As with many special events, and with most families, there were a few hurdles to overcome. I couldn't be more grateful to everyone there, who helped to make the wedding go so smoothly, and provide such a wonderful evening.
Although the staff & crew can't be credited with the weather....it was picture perfect! The cruise on the lake was smooth sailing, and there could be no better back-drop for picture taking.

If you are looking for a wedding venue, I encourage you to give them a call...they will go above and beyond, to help you with all of your plans. If you aren't looking for a wedding venue, the lake cruise is a perfect family outing.

I highly recommend the ship, the crew, and the location!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This is a nice way to get a look at the foliage while cruising around Lake Winnipesaukee It was especially nice to have weather in the 70's in late October
If you have never been on the lake than the fall is the time to go to avoid all the crowds and take it all in