“Needs help”

Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went with 3 others for dinner at the end of January and it was pretty bad. No bright spots with the food, nothing interesting, caesar salads were awful, the green beans came drenched in some kind of sugar sauce. Small portions too, and the mixed drinks weren't anything special either.
On the other hand, the staff was friendly, and the beer was great (that's what people seemed to be having, mainly)
Years ago, this great old building had tons of color interest and patina and made it on atmosphere alone. Sadly, the ancient paneling is now all modern white. I'll be back when they strip the white paint or get a considerably better cook.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Today, 3/18/2018 we visited this restaurant. The menu is limited and by 11:30 am, they were out of crab cakes for their Eggs Benedict. Out of our party of six, one person's food was very good (he ordered a well-done steak). Two had to send back their dishes, as the medium hamburger was well done, the over-easy eggs weren't done correctly, plus the tomato and toast were missing. Two of us had Eggs Benedict. The eggs were so well done, it was like eating a hard-boiled egg with a little Hollandaise sauce. The corned beef hash was mostly onion and potato, as well as being very salty. On the good side... the bacon was excellent and the french fries were good. Bobby, the manager, was very gracious. He is always a delightful person and we appreciated his help.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We chose this place for our 'Friday date night' and living in Walpole, it was about time. So glad we did! It has a very nice atmosphere and ambiance and the food was really good. The relaxed pace was nice too. The staff was very pleasant and fun. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I went there for dinner with some friends. I heard it was good and was anxious to try it. I ordered a cup of chowder and the braised rabbit salad which was described as " local greens topped with braised rabbit, feta and berry vinaigrette". I thought that any restaurant putting a dish like this on their menu must know how to prepare it...WRONG. Try dried rabbit on top of spinach, not a good choice. My friends seemed to enjoy their choices so I zipped my lip and rated them average. I did enjoy the clam chowder but won't be back for another selection.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great Burger in a lovely atmosphere in an old inn. Great wait staff. Gorgeous mountain views through every window.