See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2016

There is only one way to sum this trip up. The service was horrible, the cabin was outdated and their game room if you could call it that was a joke. Will not be going back and would not ever recommend to anyone else. Looks like we will stick with Roger's Campground next time.

1  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We visited the campground as a family get together.The campground and its amenities where find, although we rented 2 cabins, One was updated, the other was very outdated. The oven did not work, the refrigerator didn't keep items cold
Check in time for the cabins are 3pm. We arrived at 1:45. and it was a big deal, owners were very adamant about not checking in until 3. I ask if the cabins were ready, she said they were not, but later discovered that they had been ready all along. She offered that we could pay the visitors fee of $6/each. I responded with a "no" and we left the campground to return at 3pm. I get that if I was a visitor, I'd be happy to pay the fee, but not when I'm booking a cabins for 2 nights. I just think it was very Poor customer service not to allowed us to enter one hour and 45 mins earlier. Not to mention that our group, booked a total of 2 cabins, 1 RV site, and 4 tent sites, all for 2 nights. Which none of us will return. It's to bad, the campground is very nice. Some people just don't belong in the Hospitality Business.

1  Thank AnnNH
Reviewed 15 August 2016

we were in Cabin 47. Nice little cabin. Great shelter. Private only because no one was near us at all. It poured and we were thankful for the cabin . A lot of the rain comes down right at the line of our site and washes into the woods We had a river coming down. The bathrooms attached to the laundry are very out dated and somewhat clean. My granddaughters would rather use the bathrooms next to the indoor pool which were clean. Bunk beds in the cabin and pool were the reasons for our trip since that was on the "list" from the girls. The pool was nice for them. The water was clean but the pool area needs some updating and the pool needs a new liner. The people in the office were nice enough but not super friendly. The girls had a good time and that was important but probably won't be back.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

My overall issue with this facility was that quiet hours were not enforced. My family traveled with another family, both with small children. While there were a number of empty tent sites, a group of young men was placed on the site right next to us. They arrived late, after our tents were already set up so moving was not really an option. I made sure my family winded down to be quiet at 10 and have the fire ready to be out by 11, as the rules state. Meanwhile, the group next to us was still making noise at 3am. Yup. 3am. I used a sound machine and headphones and could still hear it. At other campgrounds I have visited, someone comes around at night to make sure that's not happening. I was really disappointed with this part of my experience, overall.

Also, we were put in a corner site near the front with two roads that were somewhat frequented. Actually, one of the sites was across the busiest road in camp from the other but we decided to just put the tents on one site and cars on another so the kids would not keep running in the road. As it was, that was one of the stressors of camping with children, that we were right along the "main" road. We asked to move and were told that was not an option. When walking around camp the next day, I could see there were a lot of sites toward the back of camp that would have been more secluded and off the roads, thus, safer. Even if there was an upgrade charge because those sites had water, it would have been nice if it had been offered as an option to do so.

The basketball hoop is totally broken. The playground has a mix of equipment, including a slide that I would think would carry a lot of liability and was glad my daughter did not want to go on. Most of the facilities were quaint, a bit outdated but totally fine for camping. The indoor pool was lovely because it was heated a bit and could be used into the fall.

Bottom line, maybe this place would be better for those in a camper or renting a cabin but I can't really say it's kid friendly based on the lack of enforcing quiet hours and the placement of sites. I thought all the staff were pleasant and I assume they are a family so it would have been nice if they had thought about what the experience would be like for two families tent camping with toddlers a bit more when they saw that's who walked into camp.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank moedawg63
Reviewed 30 September 2015

This review I am writing is not because of the campground itself but in regards to the operation. I booked a reservation for October 2nd and 3rd weekend 2015. 4 days prior my daughter needed emergency surgery and I had to cancel the reservation because I need to be home with her. She is a single parent with twin boys age 2 and my husband and I were happy to be taking them away the coming weekend. When I called to cancel I stated I was full aware of the cancel policy but was wondering if we could apply the money to a stay for a different time. She stated no. I told her I could send her proof of my daughters surgery and she still replied no. The lack of empathy is disheartening. At this point even if she were to refund the money I wouldn't take it. She obviously needs it more than we do.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family