All reviews great place crawford notch new hampshire colleen dog lincoln winter cottage
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I've been coming to this motel for years. I'm of the opinion that when I go on vacation all I need is a clean room. Nothing fancy. This place satisfies all my needs and more. Why? There is an extra bonus...I can bring my dog with me. The staff is always so friendly. They always greet you with a bandana for your pet. Also, ask them anything. They know the area very well. They've even accommodated me in situations that conventional hotels would not. Never been disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank Nelson S
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This place is great especially if you have dogs. The owners are very nice and will go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. We had a camp fire out back and we got to use their outdoor grill to make our dinner on. The cabins are very clean and each one of them has it's own theme which I think is great. There is no air conditions but we brought up fans and they provided us with some as well. I would recommend this place to any one.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Been bringing me and my dogs to the white mts for years . and there is no place like this place . super dog friendly , places are nice and clean , the owners are super super nice , go out of their way to be helpful, friendly, kind , and take dogs great . very family friendly , cabins are greats , hotel rooms are nice, and the big house is great for a large group . would be a great place for a summer winter of anytime vac spot .

Room tip: all cabins are great for hanging out at and cooking your own meals
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Johnson Cabins are located in the White Mountains and just a short drive to many of the area attractions. Dogs are allowed in the cabins and there are trails to walk right on the property.
I chose them because they are dog friendly and I was planning on hiking with my dog. The owners are very warm and accomodating. Their two dogs greeted me when I registered in the office and there were many family pictures of their dogs all over the office. They marked a map for me with great hiking and restaurant suggestions which proved to be very good.
Our cabin, Ashley, was perfect for my dog and I...a queen bed, kitchen, full bath, cable tv, and wi-fi. It has a screened-in porch and window and ceiling fans so I was very comfortable. The studio cabin was very clean, rustic, and cozy. The room has paneled walls and carpeting. The decor includes beautiful pictures of a fox which I was told lives in the woods behind the cabin. The fox theme is continued on the quilt, curtains, and even the shower curtain. Lots of little added touches that made it very homey. There is a copy of the American Gothic painting (the 2 farmers holding a pitchfork) where the faces have been replaced with the heads of the two dogs I met when I registered.
Behind the cabins is a yard with play equipment and firepits. There are trails that lead to a beautiful beaver pond right on the property so you can walk your dog without even leaving the grounds.
The cabins and grounds are well maintained and the owners couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. It was just the experience I was looking for.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

From the outside Johnson's may not look like much but it is clean. The owners are super helpful and know the area well. Unfortunately, my cottage wasn't air conditioned. I don't if the others were air conditioned or not.

Room tip: The cottage that I stayed in was a bit run down but it was clean.
Date of stay: June 2014