“DON'T STAY HERE”

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tilton
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Checked in on 10/14/11 - not what i expected. No lake view. The only view we had was a parking lot. No internet access (as they advertised) i could only get online if i sat by the front desk, i want to be in my room to access the internet not in the front lobby! The room was very small. It was not so clean. To make matters worst they are a smoke free facility (i am a smoker) and you don't find out until you check in. Their website is deceiving. What you see is not what you get. I was only there for about an hour and checked out. They refused to refund our money Big rip off. By the way, don't get fooled with the free meal i don't even think it was worth it but i was not going to stick around to find out.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yvonne M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Econolodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed 11 October 2011

group of family members stayed Oct. 7,8,9th 2011-one of our parties had a death in family tried to cancel but was told no cancellations-after several tries and arguments-management gave them a credit good for only 30 days! After calls again finally a credit was given to use within a year-next problem-my husband and I decided we would stay (along with our group) for Sunday night-was told only 1 room left (1 king with 1 twin for $79) saw at least 3 or 4 rooms for $69 on internet-asked if I could get for $69 was told no that they could have someone off the street come in and get $99-I told them that since I had no choice if I wanted to stay with family I would have to pay the $79 and was rudely told that I did have a choice and didn't have to stay there! This is the end of our 2nd year staying there and will not stay again next year-and the only good food in the restaurant is the Sunday brunch-they lost a group of people with their lousy attitudes

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank nanfity
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Shalimar Resort for one night on September 24, 2011. Due to the NASCAR race that weekend our rate was $160 for a "lake view" king. I called on the telephone to make the reservation because I wanted to ask a few questions. I wanted to ask if there were any lake views away from the bar because we didn't want any noise we just wanted to arrive at the resort, sit on the deck and relax for one day and night. No problem I was told. I also asked about the internet being sporadic because I read that on another review on here and I was told that the problem was fixed. NOT TRUE!!

Our "lake view room" was on the end near the swimming pool and I could see a small piece of lake over across a busy 2 lane highway/road!!! NO ONE told me there was a road and a large piece of property between the resort and the lake. We live on a busy road and that was the last thing I wanted. "By the lake and Right by the lake" is how it's advertised. Not so, in my opinion. Had I known the road was in between, I would have NEVER booked this resort much less paid the price we paid for it! Granted the room was big and the pool was nice but not worth that price of $160 at all.

When I turned the laptop on I went down to the desk to find out what the password was to log into their server and she told me. Went back up to the room and guess what! I could not get connected to the internet. At this point I was not happy at all. The lady at the desk was very nice, but new, so I decided to wait until morning to mention my dissatisfaction upon check out.

I don't know why I'm surprised but when I expressed my disappointment I was told they tell everyone they are across the street from the lake. I was NEVER told that throughout the long conversation I had the night I booked our room. Then when I brought up the internet issue she told me it was because my room was down at the end by the pool that I should have come down be the server to log in and then it would have been fine. Give me a break. I told her I specifically asked about that problem when I was reserving the room and I was told the problem was fixed. Her response was we have a lot of new people maybe they didn't understand you. When I went down to the desk the night before to get the password she never said you may have a problem connecting in your room.

We never ate in the restaurant because we went out that night and neither one of us was in a hurry to get back. I have to agree with the other review on here if we didn't have the air conditioner running there would have been too much noise.

My husband and I looked forward to this weekend for a long long time and were both disappointed. I'm a travel agent also and will not refer this resort to anyone because of it's location and the attitude of the woman at the desk the morning of my check out.

Room Tip: If you enjoy watching cars go by, get a room in the front.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank KimRestagno
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We arrived and had a bad feeling from the beginning. Big banner on front of hotel says for $10 anyone can use pool and gym. Hotel is old and smells of stale smoke. Rooms were big. With the hotel room comes a free? meal. I am not sure what is a free meal when you have to pay for any drink and you have 5 dinners to choose from. The menu is a large brochure by the way unfortunately most of those meals are included. My dinner was steak the name of the steak I never heard of (not sirloin or ny strip) with a scoop of rice. That is the free dinner everything else one would have to pay for. My wife is a vegeterian so what they have for her is fettucini alfredo that is it. We stayed three nights so she would have had to eat that same meal every night. The second night we asked if she could have a baked potato and vegetables that is all. They said no but we will make pasta with some vegetables. We said okay. What came out was fettucini alfredo with a different pasta(linguine instead of rotini). Same white sauce. The waitress who was very nice told us that the chef said that were almost out of vegetables so this is all we have to offer. They are accomodating. The free contintenal breakfast is 3 or 4 small canisters of cereal, a few store bought small muffins and some english muffins. The pool was fine. Our hotel was old and smelled. The beds were hard and a cheap quality. If you get a room on front side or road side bring ear plugs because the road is busy and the walls are thin. We had to run the ac unit to drain the road traffic noise. Also this is not a family hotel because other rooms were drinking and being real loud until about 2-3 am. Unfortunately we left a night early and could not receive a refund. We tried. There is a reason why they say no refund. Another couple that we meet at dinner left two nights early to stay at another hotel. So they paid for two hotels. Anyone looking for a family resort I hope will look it this review.

Room Tip: No to all rooms on the road or front side of motel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My husband and I came here for a getaway August 2011. For starters, it was not a bad place. Much nicer than some of the "resorts" in the area. When you hear the word resort, you think of someplace that is just a little more special than your run of the mill motels/hotels. The price should tell you otherwise. We paid 129.00 plus tax for one night. That isn't bad, but I think the room shouldn't have gone for more than 89.00 a night. However we went when there was an "event" in the area. The bed is comfortable and clean. No bugs at all. The room could use some updating. The TV is very small, the bedding is older, and when you walk into the Motel there is a musty smell of sorts. The motel does not claim to be ON the lake, but BY the lake. Yes, it is across a busy street, but we made it just fine. The paddle boat was not comfortable as there are no real "seats" in it. The canoe was fun. The downfall to this is that although it is free, you have to check them in and out, along with life jackets, paddles, and all of their towels have to be checked out. They keep your driver's license, so be sure to bring it with you! We were given two coupons for two free dinners, which was very nice. Their food is good, but be prepared to be hungry if you use these coupons. The portions are VERY small. My husband who eats very little, never seconds, and is very skinny, was still VERY hungry. He ate all of the dinner rolls that were brought and still ate chips when we got back to our room. So you can use the coupons, or eat elsewhere or pay the prices on their menu, which is on the pricey side for the portions.
The pool and hot tub are very nice and clean. The fitness equipment is not bad either.
I would visit again, if I could get the room for less than 90.00 a night. Even on an "event" week/end.
I hope you find this helpful!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
4.4 km away
The Margate Resort
#4 of 13 in Laconia
0.9 km away
Travelodge Tilton/lake Winnisquam

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK