“Nice Country Inn for families”
Review of Dexter's Inn

Dexter's Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Sunapee B&B and Inns
Manchester,CT.
“Nice Country Inn for families”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We arrived @ DEXTER'S INN (BED & BREAKFAST) on a sweet, tree lined, dirt road. The main house is magnificent and where you go for breakfast. We found out that they only serve dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. We were there from Monday - Friday, so we only had breakfast there.
The room was big enough for the tree of us, and we had a large glass window that looked out at beautiful Mount Sunapee! My husband and I shared a cute canopy bed, that I will show in my attached photos. Our son (age 16) had a bed in the corner which was fine. We also had a small frig in the room to keep drinks and snacks cold.

I took an immediate dip in the pool and caught some rays after our 2 1/2 hour ride from Connecticut. There were some people there waiting for the rest of their "family reunion" to arrive. Apparently, they accommodate many of these reunions, so if you do not like a crowd, then ask ahead if this will be what you arrive too.
We had no problem with this.

The ride to Dewey Beach was literally 5 minutes away. Ask the manager for a FREE pass to get into this family oriented beach. I have been coming here since I was 8 years old and am passing this legacy on to my son. They have free kayaking, sunfish sail boats, swings for the kids, basketball hoops, and a game of baseball was going on with some local kids.

We parked our blanket and chairs, under a tree so my husband could read in the shade. You can actually buy an ice cream here for a dollar. All the staff and life guards are VERY friendly.

We ate at ONE MILE WEST (2) of the nights as we have been there years before. Best food and service, and again, a 5 minute ride from Dexters Inn.

The breakfast time is 7:30-9:30AM. They have cook to order anything you want! I had a lovely omelette, one day, blueberry pancakes (2) days and french toast another. All the breakfasts are mouth watering and delightful. Really great service!

Take a ride to LAKE SUNAPPEE, and enjoy the Lake Boat ride that leaves @ 2PM for 1 1/2 hours, all around the lake. You will even go by a certain rock stars RED HOME, with a "DREAM ON" effect as the top of the home has a remote, so you can sleep looking at the stars.....Guess Who?

I would go back here again, because of the million dollar views, the spacious grounds, with tennis and shuffle board, indoor games so families interact. There is a flat screen tv in the common room in the main house. We stayed across the street in the Annex part. I will say this. If you have small children, DO NOT STAY in the ANNEX house as the dirt road is 4 feet from your door and certain times of the days, cars do drive by a bit fast. Other than that, it is very quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Small children in group, ask for MAIN HOUSE ~
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sista-Levi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Our family group of three generations spent a night in the cottage at Dexter's. This place is great, comfortable, down-to-earth and homey. Beautiful grounds, pool and all sorts of lawn games. Tremendous view looking out towards Sunapee. Would love to come back in winter for the skiing.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank standerson1
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The inn has a beautiful location at the top of a hill. One of the most enjoyable parts of our stay was sitting out in a lawn chair looking at the mountains. The grounds are lovely with gardens and tennis courts as well as a pool. The Inn itself is comfortable , but basic. This property is an old farm house converted to an Inn. The room was clean and the Inn keepers very accommodating. We enjoyed the full breakfast and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Uncle Jack
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Great old Inn very close to harbor. Kids loved the pool,games, tennis,movies going for awesome ice cream at the Shake shack. Room was big enough for me and my wife and our two girls (5 AND 7). The fee included a great homemade breakfast every morning. We will diffently be back next summer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Power5720
Sunset, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2011

was a joy to myself and my mother. The chef and owner even made a special trip to the grocer so that my southern mother could have grits for her breakfasts. It topped off a memorable trip to a New Hampshire and it is never forgotten by my mother.

The grounds are pretty and the main house is quaint. It brought back fond memories of my journeys staying in guesthouses in Scotland and Wales.

Thank you, Dexter Inn.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank SClanding
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunapee
3.8 km away
12.6 km away
Inn at Pleasant Lake
Inn at Pleasant Lake
#1 of 6 in New London

Been to Dexter's Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK