Dexter's Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sunapee Lake Lodge(Mount Sunapee)
Newport Motel(Newport)
Hilltop Motel(Newport)
Fairway Motel(New London)
Rodeway Inn(Claremont)
View Hotel
All reviewstennis courtsthe main houseshuffle boardnew hampshirelarge tentoutdoor amenitiesbeautiful weddingwedding weekendmount sunapeeski mountainfirst floorreunioncroquetcatererplayroomhilltopaugustine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Our family group of three generations spent a night in the cottage at Dexter's. This place is great, comfortable, down-to-earth and homey. Beautiful grounds, pool and all sorts of lawn games. Tremendous view looking out towards Sunapee. Would love to come back in winter for the skiing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank standerson1
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The inn has a beautiful location at the top of a hill. One of the most enjoyable parts of our stay was sitting out in a lawn chair looking at the mountains. The grounds are lovely with gardens and tennis courts as well as a pool. The Inn itself is comfortable , but basic. This property is an old farm house converted to an Inn. The room was clean and the Inn keepers very accommodating. We enjoyed the full breakfast and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Uncle Jack
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Great old Inn very close to harbor. Kids loved the pool,games, tennis,movies going for awesome ice cream at the Shake shack. Room was big enough for me and my wife and our two girls (5 AND 7). The fee included a great homemade breakfast every morning. We will diffently be back next summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Power5720
Reviewed 16 June 2011

was a joy to myself and my mother. The chef and owner even made a special trip to the grocer so that my southern mother could have grits for her breakfasts. It topped off a memorable trip to a New Hampshire and it is never forgotten by my mother.

The grounds are pretty and the main house is quaint. It brought back fond memories of my journeys staying in guesthouses in Scotland and Wales.

Thank you, Dexter Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank SClanding
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We stayed in the "annex" at Dexters - which is a "converted" barn. I would not recommend staying here. I don't know what the rooms in the main house were like, but our room was outdated and cold, and lacked any charm/decor.
The Inn is about 5 miles away from Mt. Sunapee, where we were skiing, and even has a view of the slopes from the Inn - so for convenience, it's pretty good. The Inn also has MILES of cross country skiing trails. I tried the skiing, and actually had a private, one hour lesson, which was great, and then skiied by myself the rest of the day. Another alternative to cross country skiing on property is snowshoeing. They have a shop that rents both cross country ski gear and snowshoeing gear - super convenient.
The breakfast buffet was nothing great, but I did have lunch here one day, and the cooked to order lunch was outstanding, and very convenient, when you can come in from cross country skiing or snowshoeing and have lunch right there.
It is not within walking distance of anyplace else to eat, or anything else to see, as far as we could tell, so a car is a must if you are staying here. As a matter of fact, even with a car, you have to drive a few/several miles to get to a restaurant or anyplace else.
We did have a mini fridge in our room, but it wasn't too clean.
It might be an OK place to stay if you have a large family or lots of kids - they had a big game room in the barn/annex. But, if you don't, it's kind of noisy when all the kids are in there.
If you cross country ski or snowshoe, you can come use the trails, even if you aren't a guest, for a nominal daily fee. And, they did groom the trails several times while we were here, so I think that is their main draw.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family