“The Best B&B I have stayed at”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sugar Hill
The Victorian on Sunset Hill
Ranked #4 of 4 Sugar Hill B&B and Inns
New England
“The Best B&B I have stayed at”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My girl friend and I try to make it to 2-3 B&Bs per year so we have a good set of expectations in a B&B. Although we've had good experiences no B&B has hit every expectation, until now...

- Cleanliness: I wish I kept my house this clean. The owners are extremely picky about cleanliness which keeps the place in like new condition. Seriously, you'll have a hard time finding dirt anywhere.

- Food: I like more than the typical scrambled egg type breakfasts that you could cook yourself. At the same time, I like enough to fill me up. This place hit both those requirements on the head. An amazing eggs benedict greeted me with amazing sides. Note that I could not finish my food due to the abundance.

- Rooms: Stayed in the 3rd floor king room and it was spectacular. The interior design was modern yet full of personality. The beds were the best that I've slept on in a B&B. This place does not cheap out on anything.

- Hospitality: To me, this separates a B&B from a normal hotel. However, at the extremely large B&Bs you'll never speak to the owners until you pay and leave. John and Nancy greeted us every time we left and returned from out outings. They also provided afternoon snacks and gave great area recommendations.

Location: They don't call the road Sunset Hill for nothing. This is the highest elevated B&B in Sugar Hill and you can catch spectacular sun rises.

Price: The rooms are a little more expensive than some of the other B&Bs but it is definitely worth it. Everything is high quality so you'll eat and sleep like kings.

Conclusion: This is the best B&B in Sugar Hill. Wished I had found it earlier.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor King bedroom with Balcony is perfect for sun rises.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
NH
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Extremely clean
Extremely nice
Comfortable beds
Extremely hospitable Inn keepers
Excellent value
What else needs to be said?

We actually did an internet search for this inn and it didn't even come up in the search. While driving around in the area (still w/o a reservation) we saw this inn and called to see if they had any vacancy because it looked wonderful from the outside. They did and how happy we were that they did. They offered an incredibly fair rate for the area and time of year. We were offered wine and cheese after our day of exploring and the views from the inn are better than any I have seen in the entire state. This place is a hidden gem and the kindness and hospitality of the inn keepers (john & nancy) was the icing on the cake! Would reccomend this inn to anyone. -brian

Room Tip: they are all nice. king bedrooms are bigger.
1 Thank crazyglue33
Watertown
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This amazingly wonderful place is a FIND -- don't miss your opportunity to enjoy the very gracious hostessing of the innkeepers who tend this place with creativity and loving care. The view is unmatched...from the back of the house a panoramic view of the Green Mountains and from the front, a panoramic view of the White Mountains....I'm not exaggerating....Absolutely delicious breakfasts, homemade cookies in the afternoon....all of the interior details are handled perfectly. We were so blessed to spend a weekend here....can't recommend it highly enough....We were here in peak foliage, and hope to come back to see it in another season. So peaceful on the balcony at night that I could actually hear leaves falling down through the trees! -- Thanks John and Nancy for creating such a haven....Monica and Jay

Room Tip: We had the back room with a balcony....it was so beautiful and peaceful....
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My husband and I just got back from three nights at the Victorian on Sunset Hill - it was not long enough! The photos show you that this property is extremely beautiful with immaculate grounds and outstanding views but the pictures can't hold a candle to what you'll truly see and experience. Each room of the Victorian is perfectly appointed and as comfortable as can be. Inside and out you're surrounded by beauty. All that plus sincerely warm and welcoming hosts - John and Nancy. They cannot do enough to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. Finally the breakfast is fantastic every morning - served in style with pleasant company and conversation. We cannot wait to go back. The Victorian was recommended by a colleague that described it in very positive terms and yet everything exceeded our expectations by far. The Victorian and John & Nancy are leagues above the rest!

Barnstable, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We stayed overnight w/ our young daughter to check out the fall foliage in the White Mountains in Franconia Notch. The place was absolutely beautiful inside and out. We are a young couple and usually shy away from B&B's because they can be scary, smelly and old. The Victorian is old fashioned, yet very clean and beautifully done - inside and out. Our hosts John & Nancy were super nice, very accommodating and the breakfast was absolutely delicious! We would definitely recommend the Victorian at Sunset Hill to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3.3 km away
Franconia Inn
Franconia Inn
#2 of 5 in Franconia

Been to The Victorian on Sunset Hill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK