“Great Gelato on the patio and take outs for dinner”

Tuscan Market Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscan Market Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Salem
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Experience one of the largest artisanal marketplaces in New England. Located next to Tuscan Kitchen in Salem, New Hampshire, Tuscan Market encompasses the authentic tastes of Italy. Italy has never seemed so close with the grand opening of Tuscan Market, one of the largest artisanal marketplaces in New England. Located next to Tuscan Kitchen in Salem, New Hampshire, this enormous indoor marketplace boasting over 10,000 square feet will encompass the authentic sights, sounds and tastes of Italy.
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We went to the market for a gelato and a look about. The gelato was very good. We were tempted to buy a few salads to have with pizza laterb that evening.

A couple of bottles of their Italian wine rounded out the dinner menu. All very good!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We had lunch at their restaurant and decided to check out their Market and pick up a few items for home.
Large variety of their fresh pastas and great looking meats and prepared foods. We love their mushroom and butternut squash ravioli with their brown butter sage sauce, so purchased some for dinner later this week. We also loved their balsamic offerings, and found our favorite that we normally pick up in the North End/Boston. Their breads are delicious, so of course one had to come home with us, and no trip to an Italian market would be complete without some pastry, so we decided on some Italian cookies, and of course some gelato.
We are from MA and normally visit their Burlington, MA store. We were delighted to find their Salem, NH store (the original location) was about 3 times the size of the one in MA!
Next time we are in the area we will be sure to try their casual dining options here.
Although not a surprise, we do find their products to be quite expensive, but guess that's to be expected from a specialty store.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant for brunch prior to going to a doctor's visit. We were there at around 9:50 which gave us one hour to have a quick bite since the doctors office was close by. The restaurant was not busy! The entrance sign said to wait to be seated. That took longer than it should have. We were told that someone would be right over and that didn't happen. Then someone, not our final waiter came and offered coffee but did not take our order. Finally someone came and took the order. It did not come quickly. I finally told our 'final' waiter that we were in a hurry could he hurry the plates and bring the check. When we received our brunch we had 15 left to eat it. So much for our leisurely brunch. Then we discovered that my wife's plate was missing the side of sausage. They offered to bring it but we felt we didn't have time. I made them adjust the bill for the side and I will give them credit that they comped the coffees.
The food was ok. My wife had a semolina bread French toast and if you order it be prepared to work hard to cut it. My wife ended up leaving the crusts. I had a frittata which was pretty good.

We had been to this restaurant a few years back for lunch and or memories were that service was slow then as well.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Rude service at the Gelato station. We were undecided and the lady yelled at us "do you want Gelato or not"? and then the Gelato was of poor quality, very icy
Very disappointed.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Everything they sell in this market is delicious, BUT, it is a bit pricey. I bought a loaf of rosemary, olive oil bread for $10.00. deserts are sinful, but very expensive. This doesn't stop us from shopping here, but not as often as we would like. I've heard they offer a fabulous breakfast, but I have yet to try it. if you do, prepare to wait, very few tables. ( I should add, all Italian food.)

Been to Tuscan Market Trattoria? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK