“Reliable and good”

Colosseum Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Colosseum Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 111 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Extensive menu with many traditional dishes. Every night there is a homemade pasta option (which is consistently excellent). The decor is a bit loud and dated but the place remains a good value.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed an early dinner at Salem’s Colosseum, and were very pleased. It’s easy to understand why this kitchen has won awards for great Italian fare. Following a Mozzarella, Basil & Fresh tomato salad (which I call Caprese, but they do not), I enjoyed the best Eggplant Parmigiana with Gemelli pasta I’ve had in years. Mrs Gyr also chose a pasta entrée, and pronounced the Ziti all Matriciana excellent. Ambiance is modern and bright, with floor to ceiling windows. Our waiter was friendly, but could have been more attentive. The wine offerings seemed limited. But go for the food!

Reviewed 3 February 2018

My sister and I took my niece Kelly out for her birthday. We kept it simple this time. I had the Carbonara with one side sausage, my sister had the Clams with white sauce and my niece meatball with angel hair. All of our dishes were very good. The sausage tasted homemade. I've had better Carbonara, if it isn't artery clogging than it's not above average. My sister raved about her clam dinner. We were disappointed in the drinks. I had a VO Manhattan and my niece a French Martini with Tito's vodka. I took a sip of my nieces and gagged. We paid $67 with drinks, without tip, reasonable.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I've been going to the Colosseum every now and then for several years and they always have good dishes, courteous service and quiet, relaxing atmosphere. it isn't as busy as some of the other Italian restaurants in Salem so it offers a more relaxed experience. A bit pricey, but the quality of the meals measure up

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Went for dinner. Didn't have to wait for table. It was clean inside. The waiter was ok. Bread basket was good. Dinners were just ok. Starter salads were average. The chicken pasta dish was very oily. The Lasanga ( with chopped egg? ) was ok, not the best I've ever had. It was suppose to be "fresh" pasta but we couldn't tell. And..... What's with everyone bringing bunches of children in.... one table of them s h a t t e r e d a plate, sending china all over the tiled floor. :(( Its not McDonalds people, watch your kids. I thought prices were high.

Been to Colosseum Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK