“I've had better, I've had worse....”

Colosseum Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 111 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Went for dinner. Didn't have to wait for table. It was clean inside. The waiter was ok. Bread basket was good. Dinners were just ok. Starter salads were average. The chicken pasta dish was very oily. The Lasanga ( with chopped egg? ) was ok, not the best I've ever had. It was suppose to be "fresh" pasta but we couldn't tell. And..... What's with everyone bringing bunches of children in.... one table of them s h a t t e r e d a plate, sending china all over the tiled floor. :(( Its not McDonalds people, watch your kids. I thought prices were high.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

It's time to update. The food is good, not special. Most desserts come from Modern Pastry in the North End of Boston. It was very quiet, and good for conversation.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

When we were closer to this area several times a week, we dined at Colosseum much more frequently......we just ate there again recently and still were once again delighted with the service, delicious food and the lovely varied menu. Hospitalities is a tough industry and this restaurant endures because of their value and consistent product. Just wanted to make sure they know that it's been some time now, but after another recent delicious dinner there we were very happy and smiling throughout the meal and long afterwards

Reviewed 13 August 2017

the last 3 visits have been very disappointing. I totally understand the food is cooked to order but waiting over an hour for your food is ridiculous. Not to mention the food was cold and didn't taste as good as it use to. Not sure if they're going through some changes but over the last year it's gone downhill. This use to be my favorite restaurant and I've been going here since I was a kids but recently I've been going elsewhere.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Meet there with friends on a Wednesday night. Which delightedly was Ladies Night 25% of food at the bar. The waitstaff were friendly and courteous. The service was quick and the food was excellent. We only had drinks and appetizers. I had the seafood stuffed mushrooms and will definitely order the again. Great place to meet with friends we were not rushed at all.

Been to Colosseum Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK