All reviews new hampshire pool and hot tub mexican restaurant double queen room electrical outlets stores and restaurants non smoking room excellent breakfast two nights walk in shower pull out sofa great property weekend stay free breakfast the entire hotel easy access off the highway
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stopped at this hotel for a family gathering in Rochester. Not many places to stay around this area, so we were happy to get in. We added a 3rd night a few days earlier so they had to put us in different rooms for the weekend stay. We were assured the hotel was smoke free. The first room reeked of cigarette smoke. But do to the fact we called to add that 3rd room late, that was all they had. Just don't lie and say its smoke free. Its not, so beware of that! Some air fresheners down the road helped. We were exhausted and wanted to relax in the pool area. The place was over run with kids. We actually watched this one family leave and go out into a car with NH plates, making us wonder if they even were staying there. You had to use your ID to get in, but anyone can hold a door open. The pool and hot tub when it quieted down had yellow scale on the sides. It wasn't so bad that we couldn't go in, but I bet it hasn't been cleaned in a bit. We have been to several Holiday Inn's around the country, our favorite in Hill City, SD. The breakfast the next morning was ok, no flavored coffee and simple choices. We decided to skip it and eat local all 3 days. It wasn't a bad stay, the 2nd room was cleaner and smoke free. Beds were comfortable and utilities worked great including the A/C. We did enjoy the 2nd room. Parking in the front of the hotel is limited, with plenty out back. Convenient location for us is why we chose this hotel.

Room tip: Make sure you check the room for smoke smell before going up.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Hi Eagle-Eye24,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Rochester for your lodging needs, we're glad to have hosted your family. It's disconcerting to learn that we missed to provide you with a more stellar experience. On behalf of the team, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the smell of smoke, room change, and the condition of our pool and hot tub. Your feedback is important and rest assured, shared with the management so we may look into and address these areas. On the plus side, I'm pleased to know that you found the second room to your liking and that our location is convenient to your needs.

Thanks again for sharing a thorough account of your stay. I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your next visit better than the last.

Kindest Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This was my first stay in New Hampshire and I'm glad I chose this hotel. The rate was reasonable and my girlfriend and I were treated like family by the staff. Cindi and Keat were super nice to us at check in. They were quick and professional and did everything to make us feel at home. Patrick brought some extra pillows to our room and asked if we needed anything a few times. There was a mistake made by a staff member, but Alex took care of it and made things right. She was super sweet and really cared about what happened. This was a great place and I would definitely return. Certainly no major issues and I definitely felt like I was taken care of here.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Express. The room (king size bed) was updated and modern. The desk staff was very personable and helpful. Very good Mexican restaurant next door for dinner. Breakfast in the morning was hotel fare, but hit the spot.
Bed was comfortable. We were near the lobby and there was some noise in the am and from people getting ice for their coolers from the ice machine. Overall, though, great place. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017

We selected this hotel because it was one of the most convenient hotel For our needs. Our destination was Sanford, Maine to attend my wife's sister's burial. Sanford does not have quality, modern, and acceptable hotels/motels that meet our standards. We are relegated to hotels that are located in adjacent cities/towns. This hotel was locate only 18 miles (20 minute drive) from our final destination. It was also located only about 45 miles from the Manchester, NH airport from which we arrived and departed.
The hotel was clean with the standard amenities such as breakfast, newspaper, inside pool, WIFI, business computer, etc. The staff is friendly and helpful. When they found out we were there to attend a burial they volunteered bereavement rates.

Room tip: the ground floor is excellent for handicapped individuals although all floors are accessible by elevator.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2017

Clean, perfect setting, great staff!! I am very picky. I want as close to perfect as I can get. This place makes the mark. The staff treated me like I was a special guest and honored every little request I made. I needed medical attention while I was there and a person stayed with me until an ambulance got there. When housekeeping cleaned they did a perfect job every time. The breakfast was outstanding with yogurts, cereals, bagels and pancake maker. Just push button and after two or 3 minutes two nice hot fresh made pancakes pop out. The front desk staff were professional, friendly, warm and inviting. Making the place even more attractive. The gym and pool with spa was perfect. I highly recommend this place for a stay. I was there a week and could have stayed longer.

Room tip: The rear rooms overlook a stream. The windows open so you can get fresh air.
Date of stay: May 2017