“broken sink”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“broken sink”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Our room had a broken sink. We notified the desk upon check in and they said they would try and find someone to fix it (being a Saturday). We went out and when we returned it was still not fixed, we called again and they claimed to have fixed it, but would send someone up but they had no one to fix it being a Saturday. The following morning when we spoke to the desk - they offered us free buffett brunch - we were meeting people for breakfast so declined.
When I complained, they credited us the cost of the buffet breakfast $29 (????) - We has breakfast at the Wentworth by the Sea and it was $14.95 per person and wonderful and much nicer.
I have written 2 letters to Marriott to complain about a room with an unusable sink - we could not brush our teeth and my husband could not shave - and Marriott has never responded. I am highly disappointed that even basic living conditions were ignored and we were still charged a ridiculous amount of money for this room.
Marriott should be ashamed of the way they handled this.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DAH777
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Not my first choice when researching Portsmouth, but Restaurant week limited my last minute options. Day shift manager gave us the early check in with no problem. Room was very clean (with the exception of the odd stains on the wall). I was leery due to the elevator, ice machine, linen closet combo outside my door, but when it mattered, it was very quiet. Then came the burning popcorn bag fire alarm exodus...30 degrees in the parking lot! Ended up being offered gratis breakfast for our inconvenience. All in all, better than I expected. Good job, Steve (night shift manager)!

• Stayed November 2011
saint john nb
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I've stayed here before (June 2011) and found the hotel to be average. Price is great and the rooms are comfortable. This trip my experience wasn't that great and I won't be returning, I'll go to the Hilton downtown Portsmouth where the service is better, rooms ate cleaner and location is great.... I'll pay more to get my bang for my buck!

A nor-Easter snow storm hit the area on 29th Oct. The hotel didn't have any lights in the stairwells. We had to come down stairs in pitch dark - thank-goodness no one fell. When we approached the front desk we questioned the lighting issue and made a comment to the fact that no lighting wouldn't pass any fire Marshall safety check! He said the back up lights only last 3hours. He explained that they had a "brown outage" which meant that some rooms had lights, cable and others had nothing. (no offer of moving us to a room that had heat, lights, cable by the way)
When we returned from our work meeting the place was still dark and the front desk clerk offered us a couple of glow sticks!

I am surprised that the hotel didn't have supplies for the guests, dollar store flashlights at least!

They just didn't seem concerned enough for me, other guests said they experienced power outages at other hotels and were offered water, snacks, extra blankets, and flash lights..... You would think that with frequent snow storms that this area gets, they would have a better emergency plan, safety, etc.....

• Stayed October 2011
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Front desk folks went out of their way to help you in all categories. Linda, was very helpful with all kinds of knowledge on the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We just got back from the Courtyard Portsmouth for 2 nights. It was a very nice hotel only 1.5 miles walk into town. Quiet and clean hotel, what else can you ask for? The room included a coffeemaker, fridge, and microwave. I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple