“Mostly met our expectations”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Mostly met our expectations”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Having stayed at Comfort Inns in the past, we knew pretty much what to expect. The hotel is just a ten minute drive to historic downtown Portsmouth and the rates are better that the hotels downtown. The hotel's landscaping could use some work. There is a large vacant lot next to the hotel that had overgrown weeds. There are also weeds growing in back of and on the sides of the hotel. I appears they allow big rigs to park overnight in the large parking lot. Checking in was easy. Staff was friendly and helpful. We could not our TV to turn on and they had somebody come up right away. Seems the TV's sometimes need to be unplugged and "rebooted."
The beds were a disappointment. We had two queens and they were way to soft for us. We both woke up a little stiff and sore. I noticed they advertise all beds are "pillow toppers." The free breakfast if good. The breads, pastries, juices were good. The make your own waffles are a nice touch. They seem to alternate between sausage and bacon. The eggs are the preformed patty type.
The pool and hot tub were very nice. It seemed we had both pretty much to ourselves most of the time. All in all, a good value. We plan on visiting the area again and if we do stay someplace other than the comfort Inn, it will be because if the beds.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nottoofussy95
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Coggeshall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Passing through Portsmouth on a road trip and found this little gem. To be fair it was only the 3rd hotel we had tried and it seemed to be the most reasonably priced place. The counter staff were very friendly even though it was late in the evening.

Our room was very smart and well appointed. Linen very fresh and no rank smells like some other Comfort Inn's I've tried.

That evening we went straight to sleep After driving for hours from Scranton, PA and found the room very quiet.

In the morning after packing away our typical road trip mess we had the breakfast. Nothing special but a nice outlay and a pancake maker which sold it for me. I had 3!!!

Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Try the 'make your own pancakes'. Being a Brit, we don't have such things and it was rea...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dutchy69
Boston
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in July, 12. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is older but our room was clean & comfortable. I liked that it was very convenient to the NH beaches and to southern Maine if you want to go up there for the day. There are good restaurants nearby as it is right in the middle of Route 1. The pool is big and they have a nice hottub too. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed for just one night and had a wonderful experience. The place looked nice and was very clean. We didn't use any of the amenities such as the pool or gym, but they have them.

It was much cheaper than any of the hotels directly downtown and is only a 45 minute walk away. There are also cabs in the are that can take you back and forth.

Only con was that the bed was too soft, but I prefer a harder mattress.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I have worked in a hotel for the last five years. I started in housekeeping, and I am now in management at the front desk. Needless to say, anyone that works in this business looks for less obvious things than a regular traveler.
Arriving in the middle of the night, I didn't do an immediate inspection of things like I normally would have. First impressions walking through were good, the lobby area is clean and welcoming.
The next morning I was going outside to smoke and took the stairs at the end of one of the halls. During this time, I passed a few housekeepers. They were starting their days. (It was hot already and just a bit after eight in the morning.) The first thing I noticed about the few I had passed was.....the smiling. The 'good mornings'. And the 'how are you?'s.
It was like this the few times I went down during the day. I only had one, "eh, she should probably find a different job" moment. As I was coming back to my room, again, a pleasant housekeeper was getting some things from her cart and mentioned to me, how hot and humid it was outside and it was making her hair a mess. I LOVED this! She was awesome! The not so awesome one...the one who poked her head out of the elevator and yells down (Past me) to the one who mentioned her hair, "Yea, I am here today!" At which point she noticed me and says "Mouthy!"
She obviously misheard what the woman said and took offense. Whatever, but seriously, you keep those things to yourself and do NOT talk down to or at a fellow co-worker in front of guests. Sadly, I didn't see name tags.
So kudos to most of the housekeeping staff there. KNOWING how hard that job is, most of them were still smiling and pleasant. Too bad for the bad seed you have there.

Oh, and lastly, using a point night there....I wasn't impressed with being put right above the carport. If someone has points enough to stay at your property for more than one night, they are obviously frequent travelers and should be treated as such.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple