“LOVE LOVE LOVE IT”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Bartlett, New Hampshire
“LOVE LOVE LOVE IT”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My Fiance & I were screwed out of expedia.com and were left to find our own hotel within an hour before my appointment. (Reason for our trip I was having lasix and to look all over town was a hasle) We stopped at the first place we saw... the Anchorage Inn WOW.... The staff was super friendly, funny and down to earth regular humans with personality. (I hate when I go to a hotel and the front desk is all business... yes miss, no miss..) ANYWHO I wish I remembered the staffs names because they were so helpful on traffic, where to eat and just made us feel warm and happy after our expedia last minute ordeal.
The pool was clean, the hot tub was amazing with waterfalls. the breakfast area was cozy and relaxing. I really just want to point out how nice the workers are at this hotel. Down to earth, nice and warm. THANKS Anchorage in we'll definatly be staying here if we ever need to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lovie Dove B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was an ok place to stay. Nothing good nothing bad.

Pros: They took me at the last minute during the high, summer season ON A WEEKEND. I was desperate so they really saved me.

Cons: Pretty expensive for what I got - a basement room with a very small window and a dingy carpet and a mildewy, damp smell and feel. I guess they put pet owners in the dungeon.

I could tell there were other dogs down there because there were a few that wouldn't stop barking.

Room Tip: Request NO BASEMENT. I'm sure the rooms upstairs were much better.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Leslie L

Travellers are raving about these Portsmouth hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I booked this motel in 2004 because I wanted an indoor pool and upon checking in I remember being very happy with the service and room. The pool was also very clean and warm and their breakfast offered danishes, cereal, coffee and juice. It's conveniently located right off the interstate as well as near the Kittery outlets (and the ocean). There is something very comfortable and homey about this motel...the clerks were approachable and I always found myself feeling safe. I have been back twice since my stay in '04 and have enjoyed them equally. (one tip: Upon check-in, it's best to leave your suitcases in the car and park near the 'office' door as otherwise you may need to walk a bit as I don't remember there being any direct access to the check-in desk other than through the front of the building).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Amsterdam, New York, USA
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Easiest motel to find that we ever visited. It's directly opposite the bottom of the exit ramp from I-95. Motel was clean, continentinental breakfast was excellent & available to 10 AM. Indoor pool & hot tub were in excellent condition, pleasantly decorated & open to 11 PM. Staff was very pleasant & accomodating. The only negative (for tourists) is the distance & complicated directions to go to & return from downtown Portsmouth. Thank heavens for GPS!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed for a week at this lovely establishment. It seems is is under a new management and the staff is extremely friendly. They have a LAVISH breakfast in the mornings, have a small pool and most of all the facility is very well kept. The Location is awesome and it is close to retaurants and all kinds of shopping. The Manager Meena, is an exceptionally sweet and accomodating lady. She went out of her way to make sure that we had all amenties and even provided us will information on local restaurants, shopping and tips on things to do around town. The staff is equally nice and professional. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. My children especially enjoyed the pool and the jauzzi. She made sure there was fresh fruit in the morning when we went down for breakfast. Places like this are a rarity these days and I am so glad that I decided on staying here!!! I give it 2 thumbs up !

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family