“Great find - multiple trips!!!”
Review of DOS Amigos

DOS Amigos
Ranked #8 of 11 Quick Bites in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Happened across this place while exploring the city. I walked in and there was a small line of people waiting to order. This is usually a good sign. The place was not ultra fancy however they were never trying to be fancy. the prices were decent. The variety was great and the service was awesome. This isn’t a backhanded compliment about the fanciness just stating a fact.

The fish bowl was outta this world. The whitefish was perfectly done. I loved it so much I came back the next night.
One comment though. I didn’t know there were a variety of hot sauces that were available. I asked about putting some counter hot sauce on before the lid to my salad was put on and was offered different secret sauces.

Brilliant place!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We went on a busy weekend night, thinking we would get FAST service, to take out our delicious meals, then enjoy a picnic at Prescott Park while listening to Music! Two out of three ain't bad. The line was literally out the door. They were understaffed. A simple taco or burrito took forever. However, the food was fresh-tasting, flavorful, and relatively healthy. I would go again, just not on a concert night.

1  Thank LoisLane_S17
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Its a burrito place with counter service. Burritos were nice sized and made to order. I was unimpressed with my son's "kids nachos" basically chips and cheese - no salsa, tomato or other. Fortunately, my bean burrito was big enough to share - so we did. I liked the self-serve salsas. There is a small streetfront park one block down and you can get your order to go and eat on the benches in the shade if you want.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We had spent most of the morning at Strawberry Banks museum and walked off the ground to find a spot for lunch. The burritos were huge and come with rice and beans. My husband and I shared one and were filled.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We have been here several times and enjoyed it. There are several in the area, the inside of this one is my least favorite, but I don't go there for the decor… I go there for the amazing food. Everything is always extremely fresh and the staff are very polite. I would go out of my way for their fish tacos.