“Tacos and Burritos ”

DOS Amigos
Ranked #8 of 11 Quick Bites in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Very reasonably priced taco and burrito joint. I was pleasantly surprised at the selection of taco & burrito types. Lots of vegetarian options like tofu, mushroom and spinach. Fish tacos and meat/poultry selection too. This is a place where the younger crowd goes to get cheap eats. We enjoyed it as well as we are a family traveling with a child and sometimes a fussy expensive restaurant just is not worth it. Everyone was happy despite the wobbly table:) And I did not mind that my sangria sort of tasted a bit like a fruity margarita. Why not?

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Temperatures dropped today and was looking for something warm. Friendly ambience and service along with tasty burritos, chips and salsa. Would definitely return.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 6 January 2017

The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere bright and trendy. Overall the experience was great and the food was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Dos Amigos is my go-to neighborhood restaurant. As a retiree on a tiny budget, it is the only place in Portsmouth I can afford. I meet my friends there and everyone can order something yummy for around $5 or even less! I love the Chicken Taco, Children's Bean Burrito, Veggie Chile, and Tortilla Chips with Guacamole. Everything smells and tastes wonderful and contains fresh veggies! We usually go at slow times of day and no one seems mind if we sit and chat for a long time. They show artwork by local artists, fairly well lit. And they have BROWNIES! This restaurant really contributes to my quality of life by making it possible to go out with my friends. Thank You Dos Amigos!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 21 November 2016

A family lunch visit here last week was so nice! A couple of salads, a burrito and a kids rice and beans was very reasonable and flavorful. The staff was kind and helpful in answering questions about the different items on the menu. We will certainly be back.

Date of visit: November 2016