“great place to take the kids (during the day)”
Review of Gilley’s

Gilley’s
Ranked #58 of 215 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Established in 1912, Gilley's is the place for Good Food Fast! Your Portsmouth, NH visit is not complete until you have Stopped by during the day or late night!
Reviewed 13 November 2015

4 kids with me and in a hurry.. Thank goodness for Gilley's. All of the children were super pleased about getting Real Food instead of McD's. Cheap, yummy and fast!

Reviewed 6 November 2015

Amazingly delicious and uber cheap eats. Friendly and casual service. Everything is great but be sure not to miss the poutine!

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

I know Gilley's is known for their great burgers. I had a chili burger. I ordered a side of cheese fries which was fantastic! I saw this place on Travel Channel and I just hadn't been in the area until this weekend. I think it's great that the diner is kept in its historical structure (no public bathrooms, sit at a table on a stool). The customer service was also great. I would come back every time I'm in Portsmouth!

Reviewed 4 October 2015

If you're in the area and maybe had a few drinks at any of the bars nearby and now need something tasty to fill the void, Gilley's is the place.
This is typical late night place, not fine dining but who needs that when you're looking for some good old greasy food to chomp on.
Hot dogs are their best seller, but I went a bit rogue and got the egg and ham sandwich.....delicious and filled me up.
Like I said no fine dining here, no table cloths with wine lists or tasting menus......just great late night fare!

Reviewed 1 September 2015

After a few beers, I stumbled into this tiny establishment and discovered one of the best burgers in America. One lady does all the work, so the wait can be a bit long. But if you're patient, you will be rewarded.